Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mentalism.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	118395

I see an orphan. I'll fix it.

Default Re: Just Sharing...

Thanks Mark.
    I was only semi-pro, art being first and foremost. Sadly I can no longer do any of it, delineation nor magic, indeed even typing has become very difficult. When I did practice magic it was mostly Stage illusions done relatively close up and people loved my shows. I remember even after I had stopped performing one group asked me to come back and wasn't about to take no as answer. I still have all my stuff including turning a child to a rabbit, I made it myself and it was beautiful(but I never used it). My favorite was a Troublewit which wasn't magic as such but only a prop used while telling a story it was very difficult to learn.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: Just Sharing...

I don't know if either of these are mentalism, but they both probably relate to the unconditioned purity of a young mind.
    1) when my daughter was about 4, she amazed us by correctly identifying the cards we were holding, without fail. She was so cool and relaxed, she just looked into our eyes and calmly predicted the cards one by one as we held them in front of us.After a furore of excitement, wondering what to do about this phenomenon we eventually realized she was looking at the reflection in our eyes! Something which failed to do when we tried it ourselves. She had never been shown this technique.
    2) a few years later, I was playing rock, paper, scissors with the same daughter, and a couple of times I correctly had a 'run' of about 10 or so wins in a row. To be honest there were probably a couple of more random results mixed in but I particularly remember these 'runs'. The odds of this are pretty staggering, but I think I must have tuned into her mental processes. (Right, I'll try that one again he won't expect that, or instead of one before, i'll go the one before that etc.). Needless to say, it didn't last and we haven't played it much since, I think I recall she beat me last time we played!