Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Wedding Anniversary Portrait

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Options dialog will allow the units to be changed. As well, if there is a bleed amount then that too can affect the export size to PDF (and there is an option in the PDF dialog to include bleed or not).

But also be aware that the people working at OD and FedEx Office can be somewhat dim-witted when it comes to using both their own software and Acrobat. I use a FedEx Office where they are pretty smart, educated in both software packages. But once in a while a newer person doesn't really understand how to set Acrobat to print at 100% and so I walk them through it.

If you didn't give them a PDF but instead gave them an image to print, then likely it is the export dialog for the image that was left at a lower resolution versus the pixel dimensions used.
    Umm...
    Mike, I know where the page size thingy is in the page options. But I don't see HOW you change the measurements from centimeters to inches, can't find it. Plus, the young man that was assiting me at Office Depot was very knowledgeable about his software (photoshop). And I SWEAR I put the original document as 24 x 36in and somehow it came out much larger than that.
    Don't ask me how it happened but it happened. Plus, I can't figure out what the dimensions are for the document so I can see for myself just how big it is. Gonna have to learn how to convert the dimensions from metric to English. I wish the ruler could be converted too because I very much dislike seeing my picture in pixels dimension instead of inches. Freaks me out since there never was a class in school on how to convert pixels to inches. LOL!

Mark

*footnote: I found it! It was not under Grid or page size at all......it was under UNITS. Now, if I can get this to default to this, it would be great.
    Last edited by Mark321; 19 May 2017 at 08:18 PM.

Options dialog, Units tab. Save as a template, likely setting it for the default template. Thereafter you can alter the size of the page and it sticks. Also don't forget to set the ruler to say 1 in, and divisions to say 8.

I would have given them a pdf.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Options dialog, Units tab. Save as a template, likely setting it for the default template. Thereafter you can alter the size of the page and it sticks. Also don't forget to set the ruler to say 1 in, and divisions to say 8.

I would have given them a pdf.
    I did give them a pdf. I want my images SHARP. But thanks for the idea of a template. That helps. How come you're so smart?