Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Le Super Serif font - Free

A really nice free font here {LINK}. Cool ligatures!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	117462
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Le Super Serif font - Free

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    A really nice free font here {LINK}. Cool ligatures!

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	117462
    Bob,
    It looks like a really nice font but I couldn't download the font. I got an error message:

Name:	Error.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	117463

mark - the freebiesbug link is not working - but if you click on the [Designed by] SuperBruut link it will take you to the authors site and you can find it and download it there...

edit: I see mike has given you a link too
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@ Mike & Handrawn, thanks for supplying the alternative links. @Mark it is a lovely font, I was surprised to find that the ligatures work even though it is a true type font. I had to use the font in Illustrator, as Xara doesn't want to play with this font....unless anyone can tell me otherwise.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hi Bob,

This font has OT features and uses TT curves. So it is a TTF wrapped in OTF code. This is possibly why XDP cannot deal with it. It could also be confusing XDP due to the languages it supports. Why they are even there is beyond me as it is only a Latin font--i.e., there are no language-specific glyphs other than Latin and all the languages call the exact same ligature look-ups.

Without Xara looking into it and fixing their application, there are no means of using the font as distributed in an Xara product via the standard lig OT feature.

As a test, I recompiled it as an OTF font and it worked fine in XDP. So I think the solution is for Xara to look into its code for how they are determining what types of fonts (TTF wrapped in OTF code and true OTF) have what kinds of features. And/or if it is the language thing (some applications don't like the DFLT langauge tag when there is a LATN tag present), they need to rectify that.

Mike