Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Collapsible text (e.g. in FAQ)

What's the simplest way to create (in a site with two variants) a FAQ within a text panel, where questions are always visible and answers can be expanded and collapsed? I need the panel to resize depending on the amount of text displayed, but I just can't get this to work. Thanks.

Default Re: Collapsible text (e.g. in FAQ)

Can't help with the auto resize other than to find an accordion script somewhere and insert it. I use popup layers for a q and a section on web sites and either size the popup to fit the text or use a constant size large enough to handle the largest text block and/or cover the underlying stuff on screen. I've used canned accordion scripts but I prefer the built in popup just for the ease of editing the content when necessary.

Thanks - yes, editing the FAQ is an important issue, but I'd prefer to avoid popup layers if possible.

Some site visitors will want to view the FAQ with just a couple of questions expanded, but as a single document (so that they can see the answers to their 2 questions in the context of the rest).

Try this

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 11 May 2017 at 07:06 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here is a youtube video that Roberto Matthews had done for setting up the code and working with Xara Designer to make an accordion style nav.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADaFxVfcX0

This may help explain what Egg has done.

Ray

Yes, this is great to have, but we should have it directly from Xara.
    I thought the idea of Xara was to build a website, without the need of HTML/CSS skills

At least the Xara should be able to display the result of the placeholder, instead of showing big pink/white squares

Thanks Egg and Ray. I do agree with KamenPPavlov that something like this should really be integrated more closely into Xara.