Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Error: Groups containing text with anchored or embedded objects...

Using the "Polar" template in Web Designer. On the Store page there are 2 vertical item sections on the right side. When I try to edit them (replace the lorem with my content) I get an error from Xara Designer Pro X "Sorry, groups containing text with anchored or embedded objects cannot be opened for editing"

Gee, it's a template so I am going to want to open it for editing. What's up with the design and how to I fix or get around it?

THANKS!

Default Re: Error: Groups containing text with anchored or embedded objects...

Ok, there was an image in the top vertical group. I deleted the image and then I was able to edit the group. But what if I wanted an image there? So I dragged an image and anchored it and then back to the error if I try to open the group to edit the text. I think I can work around but it is a bit confusing.

Default Re: Error: Groups containing text with anchored or embedded objects...

Hi onlye, I just tried it and I do not get a message, it accepts changes. Try closing Xara then reopen by right clicking on the app and open as administrator. This only needs to be done once. This often fixes many small issues.

Ciao

Roly