Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Length of text - how to handle to length on template

Hi again Sue. When you create a desktop (single) variant in Xara and then go Utilities / Website Variants / Website Variants / Create Variant everything on the Main (Desktop site) is reproduced within the newly created (mobile) variant.

You just need to resize / reposition these assets to fit the mobile variants page size.

However, if you've already created one or more variants, then add additional content to one of these variants (Main for example), they aren't automatically copied to the other variants. You need to select the newly added content, right click and select Website Variants / Share with other Variants. Then go to the other variants and resize / reposition as required.

So as I suggested earlier, you need to select your imported Word content & select Website Variants / Share with other Variants.

See the quickly truncated video below.

My preferred way of working is just to create a single Main site, progress and complete this, then finally create the variants.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Well, shizamm, I had tried it before and it didn't work. Maybe I clicked on the main file in the wrong place, but I followed you and clicked higher up, where the top of it is on the main page, and then said to share with the variant and THIS time it worked! Must be your precious videos!

Thanks!

And just so you know, I was able to share variants in the past, but there were two pages, that I used specifically to adjust the pages dramatically to make them longer, and these two seemed to give me the troubles. Thought it was something to do with copying the Word doc, but apparently NOT!

Wowzers...thanks thanks thanks!

Still having issues with it not taking the whole page over, and no handles on the right side to shrink it into the page. I'm going to copy and paste it into Notepad or some other format to make it easier I think for it to come over all in one page, rather than me cutting and pasting the 5 or 6 pages. Something is just not right and making it much harder to share with the variant properly.

Thanks anyways..you always help!
    Sue

This section in your bylaws made me chuckle Sue:

Section 4. Termination of Membership

Members may be terminated:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	terminator.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	117403  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Now that is funny! Whomever typed up this blasted set of bylaws in Word did a really crappy job and that I think added to the whole mess. I think I shall terminate a few people....lol

Hi Sue, you may have to change your avatar name to the Terminator

Ciao

Roly

Now that is even funnier. Thanks for helping make this job easier whilst I was frustrated with WORD junk!
    I like it...I like the Terminator...and all he represented! Hasta La Vista, Baby!