Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Length of text - how to handle to length on template

I have some long texts that need to go on to the activate template, it seems to run out of room at the bottom...how so I elongate the page to accommodate it, or is that not possible???

Thanks,
    Sue

Default Re: Length of text - how to handle to length on template

Hi Sue, look for a light blue dotted line at the bottom of your page, put your cursor on , you will see an arrow that points up and down with a dash in the middle, just click on it and move it down. Look at the attachment I have also put an other method to change the page length. Do not look at the page in preview mode the line will not be there.

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by roly; 07 May 2017 at 04:46 AM.

Hi Roly. Thanks much for the visual. I didn't have the blue line...well, I thought I didn't. It was hidden at the bottom of that footer (it's black). Loved that I got to see the ruler too...I had no idea I could have that either! And the other option was nice to see too...just in case I needed it. Yipeee...thanks bunches!
    Sue

Word of caution, adding bylaws from a Word document is not fun!

So now that I put the whole Word doc into the one page, it did not transfer over to the mobile version, I have noticed, along with several other pages that I basically did the same things with, copied text over onto the page of the main website. Help!!! How to fix it so it matches, please???

Hi Sue, right click on the text & choose Website Variants / Share with all Variants
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg. Not working doing it that way. This was a 6 page or so document in Word. I had to take it page by page to put into the webpage.

I should mention, even one of the Word docs I copied was only one page and did not work trying to "share the variant."

Sue

Could you attach your web/xar file Sue?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Could you attach your web/xar file Sue?
    I can try. Failed at it yesterday under a different problem. Can you please give me directions? I get it uploaded but it has a red thingy next to it, on the web file. I can't seem to find a "xar" file.

Sue

Sue, Xara Designer Pro creates .xar files. Xara Web Designer creates .web files. Both can be opened by either program.

Do you still have my email address from the PM I sent you re mailto, the one that starts egg@

If so email me your web file as an attachment.
    Egg

Okay, thanks. Can't figure out why it won't let me upload. Maybe you can help me with at some point so I don't feel so stupid trying to help you help me??

Going to send it now...