Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: GOLD TEXT TUTORIAL

The light bursts can be done a couple of ways. The ones in my gold text above were generated using Filter Forge as a stand alone.(simply because I already had the image handy) The filter used is called Simple Lens Flare and I generated the flare with a black background and once the image was imported into Xara I gave it a screen/bleach transparency.

To do it completely in Xara use the star quick shape tool and create a white burst. pull in the edges between the points and then create a white circle. place the circle on top of the burst. Give the circle a repeating circular transparency and experiment until you get something you like. Once you have your light burst the way you want it you can soften it slightly using the Gaussian Blur filter found under FX > Soften filters > Gaussian Blur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: GOLD TEXT TUTORIAL

Thank you !