Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Slideshow - distorts photo

When putting the picture into the slideshow, it looks fine. When I preview it, it is stretching, I think up and down.

Can someone help me to know what I am doing or not doing wrong??

I'll attach the picture and then a screenshot, so you can see the difference. See how the dog's face is elongated in the slideshow? This is just one example. It's done it to the other pictures also, some more obvious!

Thanks, Sue
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DUCAT8.-website-frontpage.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	117347
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample of stretch to slideshow.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	117348

Default Re: Slideshow - distorts photo

Hi Sue, when you open up the Z accordion you will see that the picture size ratio is 530 x250 px, your picture is 800 X 741. To keep the same ratio your picture needs to be 800 X 377 px to keep the same look, so if you go to your original picture and in photo tool mode you shrink from the bottom to reduce the height to somewhere below his chin you will improve the ratio. Then in normal picture mode shrink it a little from the top and bottom so as not to distort the picture too much, when you get to around 377 px height save your picture and then put it into the z accordeon. I think you will like the result. I played with it, look at the attachment.

Let us know if this works for you.

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Roly. Wow, that is so great, what you did. I tried resizing but had no luck! Your example is perfect!

Now can you explain to me where the "photo tool" is? How to utilize it? I've looked around....I assume I need to be in zaccordion? Then from there, where might I be going???

Thanks for your expert help!
    Sue

Hi Sue, just double click your picture, you will see small orange and blue circles, go to theone at the bottom of the picture and you will see an arrow popup, just move it up to where you want to hide.

Ciao

Roly

This didn't work right for me. It left a white space at the bottom and still distorted.

How do I do this in the program cause I tried what I thought you were saying but (
    To keep the same ratio your picture needs to be 800 X 377 px to keep the same look, so if you go to your original picture and in photo tool mode you shrink from the bottom to reduce the height to somewhere below his chin you will improve the ratio. Then in normal picture mode shrink it a little from the top and bottom so as not to distort the picture too much, when you get to around 377 px height save your picture and then put it into the z accordeon. I think you will like the result. I played with it, look at the attachment.

Can I edit it in Photoshop to some other sizes and it will work better? I have tried this but ahhhhh nothing seems to work for me!

Last edited by SueB; 04 May 2017 at 11:10 PM.

Hi Sue, I do not use photoshop, sorry, but back to my instructions. After you moved the little blue circle upward, you will see some white, when it's where you want it click outside the picture to have your resized photo. I will try in the next 30 minutes to prepare something giving better instructions.

Ciao

Roly

Hi Sue, look at the attachment and let me know if this helps. Put it in preview mode to see the accordion in action.

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, what you did looks GREAT! I just can't seem to get it done no matter what I try. I know I must be missing something so simple...I feel so dumb!

Hi Sue, it's called Being on a learning curve. When / where does it start not working for you?

Ciao

Roly

I can adjust the bottom up...from there I fail miserably. Nothing changes it...