Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default External Link Issue

Hi everyone first time here and I have a question which I just can't figure out the answer using xara although I have easily done it in other web design programs I have used in the past.

I need to have a link on a page which will open a pop up window say 450px x 450px for example displaying an external site and the contents of that page whilst my Xara page is still open in the background. I know how to do it to get a full page but I only want part of my page covered as a pop up, hope that makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as although probably very obvious I just can't get it.

Thanks

Peter

Default Re: External Link Issue

Quote Originally Posted by MyNewBed View Post
    Hi everyone first time here and I have a question which I just can't figure out the answer using xara although I have easily done it in other web design programs I have used in the past.

I need to have a link on a page which will open a pop up window say 450px x 450px for example displaying an external site and the contents of that page whilst my Xara page is still open in the background. I know how to do it to get a full page but I only want part of my page covered as a pop up, hope that makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as although probably very obvious I just can't get it.

Thanks

Peter
    Rather than a URL, you link would be something like:
    javascript:void(window.open("https://duckduckgo.com", "_blank", "toolbar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,top=500, left=500,width=450,height=450"));

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Welcome to TalkGraphics Peter.

As an alternative to Acorns solution this may help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics Peter.

As an alternative to Acorns solution this may help.
    Egg, change the width and height to 100% and then the designer can simply resize the Placholder dimensions.

Acorn

<iframe src=https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?76500-External-Link-Issue width=800 height=600 scrolling=yes frameborder=1 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0></iframe>
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat