Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Trying to Remember

I used to know how to reverse the transparency tool but I forgot. Can someone refresh my mind? I'm trying to use an elliptical transparency but I want the center to be transparent and the outer edges to be black. Instead of what I'm getting which is black in the center and transparent at the edges.

Mark

Default Re: Trying to Remember

you can use the tab key to switch between the handles - adjust each handle with the slider on the infobar [or you can just click on the handles to select them I think and then use the slider , a while since I did it that way]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you can use the tab key to switch between the handles - adjust each handle with the slider on the infobar
    handrawn, you are AMAZING!

I am ? - gosh, must be all that time I spent in Hampton Court as a kid [long before i discovered xara]

just passing through on my way to report an issue with PNG's above 500MP in size... everything is easy when you know how....
    Nothing lasts forever...

handrawn,

I don't know why but I couldn't click on the placeholders in the transparency tool and select what I wanted but for some strange reason it worked when I used the TAB button. Go figure.

Mark

How I usually do it is prob more complex. In the transparency tool and selecting elliple I click on the center white sqauar and move the transparency slider all ther way to the right and everything goers white,
    then click on the red square and move the slider left and transparency us reversed. If need be use the profile tool to fine tune it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    How I usually do it is prob more complex. In the transparency tool and selecting elliple I click on the center white sqauar and move the transparency slider all ther way to the right and everything goers white,
    then click on the red square and move the slider left and transparency us reversed. If need be use the profile tool to fine tune it.
    What's an elliple and where do I find it, Larry?

@handrawn. Your reference to the 'A' word is the first time I've seen an apt reference to this much abused, overused word in many a year - and I'm an Octogenarian. Thank you.

no desire not to let the dude do his rap, but I have a righteous attitude to casual hyperbole
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark321 View Post
    What's an elliple and where do I find it, Larry?
    oops sorry Mark, that should have been ellipse.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.