Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Navigation from template - changed but not updating on the mobile version

I changed the navigation bar on a template and I'm not sure how to make it the same on the mobile version but what was in the mobile template is not updating so I know I've done something stupid!

Can you help get me straightened out? I've clicked to tell it to share with all variants but it tells me"the selected objects cannot be liveshared on the variant pages Do you want to make simple copies of them on variant pages?" Maybe I messed up on this? Please I'm so confused.

best,
    Sue

Default Re: Navigation from template - changed but not updating on the mobile version

Hi Sue

Which template are you using?

Navigation on a mobile variant is better as a drop down rather than a navigation bar.

I prefer to make my own and add large easy to read buttons to a new layer that I call Menu. Then I link a hamburger icon (the three stacked rectangles) to the menu layer.

Once you have set up and linked the menu buttons then select all and Repeat on All Pages. This adds the menu and the menu layer to all pages.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	117306  

Default Re: Navigation from template - changed but not updating on the mobile version

Hi there. I used "Activate" to start with. Don't have links ready for all the navigation and agree with you that the mobile variant needs to be a drop down rather than a nav bar. But the links aren't going over to the mobile version, as I have changed them. They remain what came with the template. So do I have to wait until I have it all set up in the webpage first and then worry about the mobile?

Thanks for your help..
    Sue

It's always something. Keep us informed.

So do I have to wait until I have it all set up in the webpage first and then worry about the mobile?

Not answered?

Sue

Sorry. Probably better to do the main site first and then the mobile. Yes.

So I just tried it to see what would happen, and the links didn't change on the mobile at all. They are still the same as it was when I started with the template. Is this the way it works then?

Sue - Which template are you using?

Activate. I'll give you a screen shot!
    Also, if you can help, the pictures are tweaked too! Stretching a few of them awkwardly!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	website-bccsc changed.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	117337

OK I had a look and the page names in the mobile variation are not linked to the names on the main variation.

If you double click on the Navigation Menu graphic on the mobile variation, you will have to manually change the page names.

I hold down the Shift key when I drop a photo onto an existing photo, then use the Fill Tool to resize or reposition the photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nav props.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	117341