Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Anniversary Flyer

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Oh, I dunno. Is the handout about them (i.s., a larger image) or the design (i.e., a smaller image)?
    Well, I started to make them bigger and the text smaller but the text is impossible to read at a small size. And, besides, us old people look better when our picture is smaller because it's harder to see the wrinkles! LOL! I'll be 52 years old this Saturday; geez, where does the time go?!

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Btw, your parents have 7 years on us. Hopefully I'll live another 7 years! Only thing is I'll need to make our flyer...our boys are computer illiterate.
    You got 7 years to teach them about the computer, LOL!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

First Congrats to your folks! I think you should make it about them, less about the text. There is a FF filter you can get from the FF library that will give you a nice gleaming gold text effect but your text will remain legible even at a smaller size. It's called Selection Surface Works by someone called angelize you can easily apply it to anything you can select in Xara.

Here is a quick idea of how the filter looks applied. I used the bitmap you posted to the forum so it's not the best but I gave the picture a gold frame using the same filter. This gives your guests a keepsake photo

Ps: Don't forget to lock the effects!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50thformark.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	117325  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    First Congrats to your folks! I think you should make it about them, less about the text. There is a FF filter you can get from the FF library that will give you a nice gleaming gold text effect but your text will remain legible even at a smaller size. It's called Selection Surface Works by someone called angelize you can easily apply it to anything you can select in Xara.

Here is a quick idea of how the filter looks applied. I used the bitmap you posted to the forum so it's not the best but I gave the picture a gold frame using the same filter. This gives your guests a keepsake photo

Ps: Don't forget to lock the effects!
    Thanks you, angelize!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anniversary Flyer small.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	117327

Hi Frances, just tried it out and I like it alot. Some of the shades remind me of what I have seen in Alien Skins Eye Candy 7 chrome effect.

Thank you for bringing this up, I will definitely use it at some time.

Ciao

Roly

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

you are quite welcome. I created this filter because Alien Skin no longer wants to bother with supporting Xara and I wanted something I could use and tweak to create a similar effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.