Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: watermarks

I'm sending you a file with a graphic that I have created. I've grayed it out to use as a watermark on a web page. The problem is that the graphic is not centered on the web page (I'm using FrontPage 2k) and it replicates itself (because it's not centered). How can I ensure that the graphic is centered and only appears once?

Thank you kindly,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	watermark.gif 
Views:	225 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	18011  
    IP

I'm sending you a file with a graphic that I have created. I've grayed it out to use as a watermark on a web page. The problem is that the graphic is not centered on the web page (I'm using FrontPage 2k) and it replicates itself (because it's not centered). How can I ensure that the graphic is centered and only appears once?

Thank you kindly,
    IP

Hi Mispiggy,
    From the way I understand your question, you want this file as a background in a web, centered and no repeat. Try a little CSS in the head of your HTML........
    <style>
    BODY {
    background: #F4ECD7 url("pathto yourMispiggy.gif");
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-position : center;
    }
    </style>
    ...........I made the background the same color as the gif you posted,just copy and paste and fix the path. That what your after? If so you might even crop the gif file for faster D/L time as it will always be centered [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img].

Jeff
    IP