Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paper Magic

Default Paper Magic

Hi,

Today, I watched a video on how to make a graphic design look like it was made from paper. The YouTube video droned on for more than half an hour and the guy explained, quite quickly, how to make his logo look like paper. In less than two minutes I made something similar that looked better and was nowhere near as involved. And all I used was a plugin that Frances pointed out to me a couple of years ago and I've been using it ever since. It's called Filter Forge. I just used the "Lost Letter" filter and in no time at all I had a more believable paper design than the one that the YouTube video was trying to explain. In my book speed is very important. I don't have hours and hours to work on a design. I need to get it done, make it look great but get it done fast. Filter Forge is AWESOME!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paper Magic.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	117287

Mark

Default Re: Paper Magic

Thanks Mark. What version of FF are you using?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Thanks Mark. What version of FF are you using?
    Larry,

I'm using version 6. I forget what they call it but I'm using the "Lifetime Professional" plan.

I still have v4pro. After reading the problems others have had getting v?f(don't remember which one) I have been reluctant to upgrade. Have you had any trouble getting it to work with Xara?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I have Version 6 of FF and I have had no problems getting it to work with Designer Pro. You still need to lock the effects but I keep dreaming that TPTB at Xara/Magix will throw some development dollars into fixing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I have Version 6 of FF and I have had no problems getting it to work with Designer Pro. You still need to lock the effects but I keep dreaming that TPTB at Xara/Magix will throw some development dollars into fixing it.
    I know it is frustrating. I lock the effects too because it acts up if I don't. I have version 6 as well and I'm so glad you introduced me to this wonderful product.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I still have v4pro. After reading the problems others have had getting v?f(don't remember which one) I have been reluctant to upgrade. Have you had any trouble getting it to work with Xara?
    Larry, I have had no problems as long as I lock the effects. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Frances,

Wait a minute! Are you saying that FF6 now works with Designer Pro X 12.6.2.4963? I get an error message when I try to add it to the plugins.

What path are you using?

I tried:
    C:\Program Files\Filter Forge 6\Plugin
    and
    C:\Program Files\Filter Forge 6\Plugin\x64
    and I get error message 2239.k.ap.fs.

John
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Frances,

Wait a minute! Are you saying that FF6 now works with Designer Pro X 12.6.2.4963? I get an error message when I try to add it to the plugins.

What path are you using?

I tried:
    C:\Program Files\Filter Forge 6\Plugin
    and
    C:\Program Files\Filter Forge 6\Plugin\x64
    and I get error message 2239.k.ap.fs.

John
    John, I'm using C:\Program Files\Filter Forge 6

And it's working fine.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I finally got around to trying it. The main path also causes the error and nothing shows up in Xara. Is there something that I maybe did wrong during installation? I checked and I am using Xara 64bit and FF is 64 bit.

I have no problem with FF in Paintshop Pro X9U.

John
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)