Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: No support after purchasing product

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    EDIT - this post is for sdrj, not jcnassoc, who cross posted

it is a bank holiday weekend in UK - therefore xara support are not likely to be available until tuesday earliest

you do not buy support from xara, it is free... and what is free often takes time

in order to get a quick response you need to give good information that they can work with.. they are not mind readers either; and like Gary says if you want help here you need to tell us what your actual problem is

you are just one of many - it is sometimes galling, but it is true - we will try to help if we can, but just complaining is not going to get you very far in itself...
    If that reply aimed at me (if not then apologies) then not sure if read my whole post.

Over 7 days now and no reply to any ticket (so Bank Hols do not come into it)

All am now asking is how I go about to get a full refund of payment as am within the 30 days time line as have tried contacting Sales but they send an automated reply to contact support (why support ... a refund is nothing to so with support ... sales are the best place would you not agree) so have sent ticket to support requesting full refund

Xara ... a small company ... they have been going for years so if small then something they are doing wrong if cannot answer support questions as their software is not cheap so money going somewhere for sales (they are the crux of any company as without fast support then sales can be lost, not talking about replying in matter of hours but the next day at latest then yes)

Above are my own feelings on the matter and not anyone else's

fine, no problem, not that urgent then is it? - look forward to seeing it

no offence meant, we do the best we can
    I appreciate your and others' efforts and will post once I check to see if there are any other posts with similar issues that may lead me to a solution.

Just to be clear since you raised the issue of urgency: I chose not to "muddy" this thread with a problem-specific issue as I feel it would make more sense to keep that separate. It was not an indication of urgency.

Thanks.

edit - here is a prime example of why people should not jump into someone else's thread, but start a new one of their own [again no offence ]

@ sdrj how did you try contacting sales ?

@jcnassoc - thanks, I understand
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@ sdrj how did you try contacting sales ?
    Via the email address from Xara as shown on my order confirmation

I will wait a few more days to see if get a reply (hopefully by then would have received refund)

you should raise a support ticket and direct that to sales - support tickets get priority - I wouldn't mind betting that unsolicited emails are right at the back of the queue

edit - and yes I know you have waited a week or more for existing ticket[s] to be answered - but email will likely take longer is all I'm saying, I dread to think how much spam xara will get.. that is the reason for an account support ticket system...
    Nothing lasts forever...

I purchased the WD 365 Premium 3 days ago. I could have ordered a boxed copy, but wanted to take advantage of instant download and use as the website advertises. My Visa card was charged $99.00 but yet 3 days 9going into 4) I still have not received an email containing my serial number to unlock the trial version. Opened a ticket and yet no response. Yes I have checked SPAM folder for email. If anyone on this forum can help, I would appreciate it. My open ticket to Xara sales is Ticket ID: IWB-729-50805.

Thanks.

have you logged in to your account to see if the serial number is there ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, I tried that but apparently the site and I do not agree on the password. I then used the "forgot my password" feature but never received an email regarding that either as the site said I would. Think I'm out of options now except to wait for a response to my ticket and if that doesn't happen in the next 2 days my trial period will expire. Appreciate your response regardless.

ok - the user name and password for the service centre where your product details are held: http://www.xara.com/uk/servicecenter/ - should be the same as the one you used to raise the support ticket here: https://support.xara.com/ - if that in any way helps

hope you get it sorted soon
    Nothing lasts forever...

If you haven't had ANY emails from XARA, try and contact them by phone and explain.

Is it possible that you typed the email address wrongly since you have no emails and no access to your account?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.