Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Book Cover

Default Re: New Book Cover

I must admit that I was not happy with that last image because I was trying to make the title look like gold, just using colors. Now, I've created a much better looking title (however, I just noticed that the tracking of that last "R" is off. Gotta fix that). This time I used the fill tool and then I created a clone of the image and changed the angle and size of the fill as well as used the deformation tool (even waves) to create my version of a bumpy side texture (I still don't know how to make the edge (side) of the font have a raised surface so that the fill looks more 3d). Then I used the blend tool to make the top and bottom layer blend together because I preferred NOT to use the extrusion tool as it would rasterize the image and I wanted the image to stay vector. And viola', there you have it, my new version of a gold title, which I hope looks better and more "gold" like.

Enjoy!
    Mark

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Newest ROAR Cover 4302017a.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	117255

P.S...If anyone knows HOW to make the edge of a font be "raised" so that it looks more real and match the fill (and especially if you can do it in XDP) please tell me how or make a video on how to do it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Mark321; 01 May 2017 at 02:35 PM.

I like this one much better Mark. One thing that bothers me though is the linear fill on your name, the dark on the bottom almost gets lost in the dark background. Maybe that's just me but that has bothered me for a few days now. Other than that I like what you have done. Maybe the full sized one looks better.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I like this one much better Mark. One thing that bothers me though is the linear fill on your name, the dark on the bottom almost gets lost in the dark background. Maybe that's just me but that has bothered me for a few days now. Other than that I like what you have done. Maybe the full sized one looks better.
    Actually, I put a yellow line around that name text so it would not get lost in the background. But maybe you're right. It bugs the crud outta me too. I'll have to fix that.

Thanks, Larry.

Mark

Larry,

Is this a little better?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Newest ROAR Cover 4302017a.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	157.9 KB 
ID:	117259

P.S...If anyone knows HOW to make the edge of a font be "raised" so that it looks more real and match the fill (and especially if you can do it in XDP) please tell me how or make a video on how to do it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi Mark, have you tried embossing the text? Go to FX/stylization filter/emboss

Ciao

Roly

Quote Originally Posted by roly View Post
    P.S...If anyone knows HOW to make the edge of a font be "raised" so that it looks more real and match the fill (and especially if you can do it in XDP) please tell me how or make a video on how to do it. Thanks.
    Hi Mark, have you tried embossing the text? Go to FX/stylization filter/emboss

Ciao

Roly[/QUOTE]

Roly,
    I'll have to try that one.

Thanks,

Mark

Could I suggest you remove the white fringing around your face and hat Mark?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Could I suggest you remove the white fringing around your face and hat Mark?
    Egg,
    You spotted something I did on purpose. I was trying to amplify the spotlight that was shinning on me from behind. I thought it would look cool but maybe it doesn't. Maybe I should change that.

Thanks, Egg!
    Mark

Perhaps try a subtle white glow shadow mark?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Perhaps try a subtle white glow shadow mark?
    It might help, yeah, instead of what I originally did. Originally I cut out the image of me and then pasted it back only slightly smaller than the space it was in, leaving a white space as my "glow" effect. I've done this trick so many times I forgot I could have used the shadow tool.

Mark