Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Stretchiing video

It worked fine for me Siran.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Siran - I am not at PC at moment but will try on return.

I did alreadd try changing the video file name to match so I think it must be something to do with the size. In saying this does the size in the code relate to the size of the placeholder? (Apologies if this is a stupid question)

Thanks again for bearing with me on this!

Nobbyy, the height of the placeholder defines the height to which the video will be clipped. The width doesn't matter, but I recommend to keep the placeholder fully inside of the page.

Egg, thank you for confirmation.

Hi Siran/Egg

I have found a bit of a workaround that seems to work:

If I drag a video onto page, change the name of the video in the placeholder to match and then delete the video I dragged and dropped it works!

However if I drag and drop the video, add your code to the placeholder and then delete your placeholder it doesn't work? There must be something I am missing adding from your placeholder, but I dont know what.

At least I now have a way to do this, many thanks for your help and patience.

I tried exactly the same (edit the new placeholder and delete the old one) and it worked. Are you still using version 9 as given in your profile? Maybe that makes the difference? (Don't have V9 installed to check it.)

Anyway, if you are keeping the old placeholder make sure to de-attach the video file I have attached to it, to stop it from being uploaded.
    (Select the placeholder and press CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + D).

Hi Siran

I am using the latest version of Designer pro X.

Thanks to your help I now have a way to make it work - I add the video to your placeholder using ctrl+alt+shift+a and change the placeholder code to match the video file name.

One last question please. at the end of the video it shows the last frame, but it is heavily dimmed, any idea how to stop the dimming?

Can you provide a link or example? Not sure what you are observing. Don't see that dimming.