Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default In need a static ftp client

I currently use WinSCP ftp client and it disconnects almost every two minutes, it take me like 4 hours to upload a website of about 20mb. it is really frustrating even on a very strong 4g network. Filezilla dont even connect at all... it connects and disconnects almost imediately.

please help.

Default Re: In need a static ftp client

does this happen on more than one ftp host ? - sometimes it is the server that does not like the ftp client.. you could try asking them which client they might recommend

I tend to use fire-ftp extension for firefox, but that is not to say I would recommend - it's fine with one host I use, not so good with the other drops reqularly
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

It sounds like the problem is your web host and not your program.

Hello,

The problem could be your web host. As a temporary remedy, I would suggest uploading all the files as a zip or rar package to the server, and unzipping them there. Check if you can unzip on the server. Many times there is a facility for this. FireFTP add-on is my favorite ftp program.

Hi, I had some cheap hosting recently and the same problem. I had to limit to 1 concurrent connection and set a speed limit to stop it bombing out and having to timeout and try reconnecting. That particluar server seemed to be slow in closing connections even though I should have been allowed multiple connections so after the first few files, the error occurred.

Even though one concurrent connection sounds much slower, its the timeouts and reconnection that take longest. But I recommend changing hosts anyway. They probably set it up to try to minimize server load on one account on the shared server but its counter-productive.

There is a very simple way to test to see if the problem is indeed with your web host.

Web Designer Premium includes a free Xara Hosting account.

All you need to set this up is to sign in with your user name and password once. All the FTP is done automatically.

Publish to XaraHosting and see if the document publishes quicker.

The other consideration is your internet connection. Is it high speed or slow? This can also make a big difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara hosting.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	117200  

thank you all. from tries, the problem seem to be from my host. I tried another host for a new project and seems to work fine.....I really appreciate your replies....

Perhaps you should re-title this thread to 'in need of new host'.

Corel Draw 12 user....can not find Toolbox.
    HELP