Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publishing issue

So I am trying to publish my website from Web Designer and it goes through the process of exporting the files and then publishing the website. It says that it successfully published the website and that I can view the website. The problem is, the website does not reflect the changes that I have made. Is this a software issue or would this more than likely be a FTP issue? Thanks for all and any feedback,

Dallas

Default Re: Publishing issue

Welcome to TalkGraphics Dallas. First thing to try is with your browser open on your site, press Ctrl + F5 to ensure your downloading the latest version and not looking at a cached version.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics Dallas. First thing to try is with your browser open on your site, press Ctrl + F5 to ensure your downloading the latest version and not looking at a cached version.
    It is still showing the old version on the website.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

This can happen if you have published your site as index.htm and there exists a previous version of index.html on the server. .html takes precedence over .htm even if the .htm version is newer. You can export your site as .html by changing the page name (Website Properties > Page > Page Filename to index.html). You will get a warning about changing this that you can ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

This can happen if you have published your site as index.htm and there exists a previous version of index.html on the server. .html takes precedence over .htm even if the .htm version is newer. You can export your site as .html by changing the page name (Website Properties > Page > Page Filename to index.html). You will get a warning about changing this that you can ignore.
    Tried that and it did not work either. If I go to the htm or html files saved on the computer, they reflect the changes that I have made. For some reason it is not making it to the website.

Then are you certain your publishing your website to the correct folder on your web host? This is often another cause for errors.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Can you give us a link?

Also it might help to delete all the files and republish. You are doing this through Xara right?

Hey I just wanted to give an update. The Web host decided to change the folder location without notification. I had to add the subfolder location in publish properties and now everything is good to go. I appreciate everyone's input.