Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mouse over only for desktop/laptop?

Am I correct to assume that any mouse over effects are not displayed on tablets or mobile phones? If so then what is the sense in having them?

Default Re: Mouse over only for desktop/laptop?

Yes, basically that's correct. Tablets & Smart Phones don't have a mouse so you can't have a Mouse-Over effect.

If so then what is the sense in having them?
    Well they predate Tablets & Smart Phones by quite a few years so they're there historically. They are also great to indicate that on mouse-over they tell the visitor that "this is a button" and has an action. The fact that they don't work on Tablets & Smart Phones is a drawback for users of those platforms.

So continue using them on Desktop variants but don't use them for Tablets & Smart Phone variants.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Behzad, I get varied results on smartphones for designs where I have used mouse over effects. Some pop up layers will function OK but then others may not show without a lot of strange finger gestures, if at all. My opinion is that your design should avoid use of mouse over effects for tablet/smartphone variants.

Cheers,

Thank you to both of you. One other thing, this site does not fit within an andriod tablet, meaning it moves left and right. I do not have an ipad so not sure how that works. Any ideas? Link

Also can you tell me if the start button works and loads the pdf?

Same on an ipad & iphone & android phone in portrait mode.

Need to see your xar/web file to know why. What pixel width are you using?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, using 1250 width. I am out now so I can not send you the xara file until later. Could it be possibly because I imported it from designer pro x11 to premium 365?