Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Got New Windows Clean Install... Webstyle 4

Hello all:

My webstyle 4 used to work before I had my computer fixed. It is telling me that the DLL's are not working from the install disk. Help!

Stephen C.
    Intruder500@Gmail.com

Default Re: Got New Windows Clean Install... Webstyle 4

I am not sure if Xara even supports Webstyle any more. But I suggest you file a support ticket at http://support.xara.com

other than make sure you install it as administrator and in compatibility mode - plus run it once first time as administrator - I can't add to what Gary said
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by intruder500 View Post
    Hello all:

My webstyle 4 used to work before I had my computer fixed. It is telling me that the DLL's are not working from the install disk. Help!

Stephen C.
    Intruder500@Gmail.com
    Ignore the error message and carry on, I think you'll find it will work just ignore and click the errors off....from memory that is the case but I haven't used Webstyle in a while.

I'm doing an install on a new machine. Last time I ended up having to install from an image file, fiddle with the registry and more. This time I'm able to use the 15 day trial without problems but when I try to register (it asks for user name and password, not registration code), I get a message:
    Connector: unspecified HTTP error:. HRESULT=0x800A1518.
    Any idea what this is about? I'm running as an adminstrator.

UPDATE: Ugh, it's not in fact running properly as an administrator even in trial mode. When I select any designs it's saying I have to buy them and is giving me the same error message as above.
    Last edited by yjs; 02 October 2017 at 02:12 PM. Reason: to clarify that it's not in fact working correctly

You will need to file a support ticket with Xara https://support.xara.com

They can usually sort out these issues.

I had the same problem installing on Windows 10. I even tried downloading a a free trial but most of the designs were not available. Eventually after reading advice on the net I inserted my CD, navigated to the exe file, right clicked it and selected Run As Administrator. When I opened it for use I right clicked the shortcut and again ran as administrator. It does ask for the disk to be reinserted but seems to run okay for new designs. Not so for old designs. When I tried to edit any navbar all it did was to create another navbar. I may need to work out how to delete the old navbar and reposition the new one. Possibly some sort of editing of the js file. Not something I am familiar with.