Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing colors to navigation and to slide widget

Getting stuck on this color stuff sometimes. Am I able to change the text color for the Navigation bar, and if I can, how?

Attaching a picture to show which one I am speaking of.

Also on the widget for the slider, can I change the overlay color (it's gray now) to something else and if so, how?

The number selector on the widget, it's gray and white, can I change that color too?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	change navigation colors-type and hover-and color for slide show number bkgrnd.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	116975

Thanks for all your help...I feel that I am sometimes less than smart...but you all are helping me to learn!
    Sue

Default Re: Changing colors to navigation and to slide widget

If you select and modify the text for the Home button, size, style, color etc., it will update the other buttons.

You will also need to isolate the MouseOff buttons (Page & Layer Gallery > S icon) and repeat this.

In here, is that where you are saying to change it? Also can you give me instructions on how to do it in the Page/Layer Gallery?
    And do you have any idea how to change it for the widget for the slider?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	navigation menu.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	116980

High Sue.

Acorn did an excellent Nivo slider xar file which allows you to change many of the nivo sliders assets, which you can't directly.

I attach Acorns file and an image showing what each placeholder does. Just drag the ones you want onto the page, those you don't leave on the pasteboard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	acorns-nivo-slider.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	116984  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

No Sue. That is the Navi Bar Properties menu.

The Page & Layers Gallery is on the tabs on the right side of the screen.

Open this gallery then click the [S] icon next to MouseOff Layer to isolate just that layer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solo mode.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	116988  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    No Sue. That is the Navi Bar Properties menu.

The Page & Layers Gallery is on the tabs on the right side of the screen.

Open this gallery then click the [S] icon next to MouseOff Layer to isolate just that layer.
    I'm still lost. Found the area and the "S" but have no idea what to do then. Can you give me a more detailed instruction?

With regards to changing (the color of) the navbar, this is what the Help file has to say:
    Using template Navigation bars

The Online Content Catalog contains a wide range of template Navigation bars for you to use. There are both horizontal and vertical bars and they are fully customizable. Just import a bar from the gallery to place it on your page. Or replace an existing bar by dropping the new one onto it – the new bar takes on all the button labels, links and menus of the bar it replaces.

When you drop the bar you may be prompted to match the color scheme of the document if the bar does not have the same color scheme. You can also use the Color replacement feature to change the bar's colors - all without having to ungroup the bar into its constituent objects. Just select the bar and click a color on the color line, or bring up the color editor and choose the color you want to edit from the color dropdown list.

The MouseOff layer is hidden behind the MouseOver layer which is why you have to isolate the MouseOff layer to make changes to that layer.

Once you click the [S] icon, you isolate the MouseOff layer. Now you can select the Home button and change the text color or the button color. Hold down the Ctrl key and click on the rectangle to select the home button, or Ctrl click on the text to change the text.

Once you have edited the home button in the MouseOff state then click the [S] icon again to turn off the isolate layer feature.

Just edit the Home button and the other buttons will update with the same changes.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 10 April 2017 at 09:34 PM.

I'm not sure that's the best way forward Gary. It works but all the navbars in the content gallery use named colours, so your better off changing the named colour rather than making a navbar asset just a local colour. One of the big issues is that Xara templates are very sloppy sometimes, which you can see in video below where the tab colour is named as "page background" and the Mouse over text is "Theme Colour 1" etc.

Xara Templates should really use meaningful named colours like "Button Off", "Button Over", "Button Text Off" & "Button Text Over" etc.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg, what a great video! How did you know I'm such a visual learner!