Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problems reinstalling xara pro x

Today I`ve used all day to get support from xara on the issue errorcode 1 and 59 on reinstalling xara pro x, tried to call but no people on the phone, and support do not answere emergancy mails... what is this???.. is xara all about selling but not giving any support ??.. need help to solve this issu, trying to use my program in my business, cannot have this a support team that doesn`t do their job!!...any sugestions!! <Terje

Default Re: Problems reinstalling xara pro x

the support team are doing their job - they are queuing requests and you have to wait your turn; you are no more or less important than anyone else

if you want a product that guarantees 24/7 support, then you have to pay for it - this is one reason why photoshop and illustrator cost a lot more than xara products, it's included in the price; no so for xara, but they will help when you get to the top of the queue

also if you want help here on TG you need to say which version of the program you are using ['pro x' could be any version from 8 onwards], and be helpful by providing screen shots of the error message[s] and a description of at what stage the process failed
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

If handrawn is playing the bad cop, I'll try to play the good one. Welcome to TalkGraphics. Sorry to hear that you have issues with your installation. You tried to call and mail support but Xara support requires you to log a ticket at https://support.xara.com/.

Please be aware that Xara is a small company so it has no such thing as 24/7 service. However, we here at the forum can try to help you but we need more information from you to be able to. Please supply us with the information handrawn is asking for. You could also indicate why you were reinstalling the program and what OS you're using. In other words, did you have problems before?

indeed I would have made a very bad cop indeed had I chosen that as a career.... but seriously, the secret to success [or faliure] is attitude n'ce pas ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yep.

Welcome to TalkGraphics COOLZ.TV

Can you be a tad more explicit? What version of Windows? What version of Designer Pro X? When did you file your support ticket? Is your copy registered? Are you installing from the download or the CD?

I must say, you ask these questions much better than I and handrawn did.

Had the same error messages when I tried to install previous versions (10 & 11) of Designer Pro...

...and never got anywhere with the help desk.

Ended up buying the new version of the program just so I could use it again!

Hmmmm... Makes you think

I asked Xara to look into this and was told that the new member only contacted them yesterday and that they have already responded. So, unless COOLZ.TV advises otherwise, this thread is closed.

thanks for checking Gary
    Nothing lasts forever...