Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Creating Contact Form WITHOUT Using Widgets ... Possible In Xara?

I'm wanting to create a contact form for a customer, but don't want to use the widgets --- I want control, not someone else --- so, is there a way (other than the obvious hand coding of a contact form) to create a form in Xara WITHOUT using the "jotform" (don't want to sign up so I can create forms), "wufuu" (again, sign up) or "Form2go" (another login to remember! - Not much interest in another login, although I only have a scant 100+ logins to remember) widgets?

Default Re: Creating Contact Form WITHOUT Using Widgets ... Possible In Xara?

First off: Do you want the form to be a one off email submission with no database back-up?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, its possible.
    I've done it myself with php (pretty basic, no database etc.), I am happy to dig it out and share but Egg might have another idea?

You might look at this search page for Form Creation Software and see if any of these work for you, though most are web based. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Form+creat...&t=ffsb&ia=web

What I wanted on my site was not to rely on an off site form because if their site is down or you exceed a certain amount of form request in a month then on a lot of these sites you have to pay more. I wanted everything hosted on my site.

Because my site is setup for PHP, I found a PHP Form Mailer. I really only need a basic form and I found a free PHP Form builder on line. Please take a look at the following site.

http://www.formmail-maker.com/formmail-maker-home.php

Once you design the form you download it and install on your site. Just put the form in an place holder and your ready to go. Now it is a very basic form but it works well for me. You may have to adjust some of the code because I was having some of the nomenclature on my form display wrong. It was easy to modify.

If I need a more advance form then I was looking at some different form builders that would still allow me to host on my site the form. I have not used these form builders but I am very interested in them. It looks like they would work well.

Simfatic forms - https://simfatic.com/

Coffeecup - http://www.coffeecup.com/web-form-builder/

I know other people on here have used these form builders so maybe they can comment.

Hope this gives you some ideas
    Ray

I also wanted a form builder that I didn't have to pay a subscription to use. I bought the coffeecup option. I does work and provides you with form building and a fairly simple way to copy the code to your host. No subscription required. Since you have PHP abilities you should find this a reasonable good solution. I just wish the email part was simpler. It is a push for you to also use their HTML email editor, which winds up being a subscription. I don't write HTML code so I wind up taking the existing form, opening in Blue Griffin, designing it in WYSIWIG mode, and taking the code back to up load to my hosting site.

Well, WebPlus had an excellent form builder, but I was hoping that I just missed something in Xara.

Yes, a "one off" form with NO database. I like to use Formtools for processing the form ... the PHP pages reside on the server and are pretty straight forward.

I just wanted to drop WPX8 et al "once and for all." Lots of bad blood between me and Serif over their decision to drop the entire Plus line of products. Had been a customer since the 1990's. PagePlus 1.2 I believe.

Guess I'll just build my forms there and import them into Xara ... or maybe I'll break out S0Think HTML Editor to create my forms.

Hi Dijemga,
    I used simfatic forms and it worked well for me, i also liked the idea of not being limited or reliant on others
    Bindi

Quote Originally Posted by Bindi View Post
    Hi Dijemga,
    I used simfatic forms and it worked well for me, i also liked the idea of not being limited or reliant on others
    Bindi
    Yep, the more links in the chain, the more things can go wrong. Even with Serif, I used their software to create the forms then built the PHP pages for the formtools to process the submissions.

That was the problem with Serif's Web Resources ... when it went down, customers called ME.

Oh well, subscription to Xara is expiring, now I have to decide whether to renew now or later.

As it seems Xara is failing to match the latest internet trends and we seems to miss some very basic web functionalities, without making some "tricks" to save as .PHP and so on.
    Also, the Content Catalogue received pretty much nothing for the whole year.

Don't get me wrong .. 50$ are not that much by themselves, but when I give them, I would like to see something in return, which is not happening at the moment