Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problems since last update

Recently downloaded the update Xara Web Designer Premium 12.6.1.49367 DL x64 Apr 5 2017 and have started to have a few problems arise.

1 I cannot connect to the online components in the Design gallery. I have closed the programme and restarted several times and even restarted the computer but nothing happens.

2 I sometimes get 'You need to be online to use this' error message despite being online

3 An error message 0|jsonkey.php|20170317:1448 appears

What is happening and is there a fix?

Trevor

Default Re: Problems since last update

try checking that your windows and particularly internet explorer is up to date

not saying that will fix it - but the program uses internet explorer for its internal calls regardless of your default browser setting, and there have been instances of js errors and connection problems if it is not up to date
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Perhaps this works: Close the program, right-click on the program icon and select "Run as Administrator". You only have to do it once.

Thank you guys. Will try both approaches!

Trevor

Tried both suggested solutions. Internet Explorer seems to have the last update and also ran XWD under administrator. Unfortunately the same symptoms appeared. Not sure what to do and I need to update a site fairly urgently.

Trevor

Have you rebooted your computer since your last update?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Have you rebooted your computer since your last update?
    Yes, several times. Still no improvement.

T

Perhaps one of your protection software is the culprit. Try briefly turning off antivirus, anti-malware and firewall successively, to see if any of them is causing the problem.

Hi T,

It might be related to this:
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...m-of-undefined
    ~Fred

Hi musotech.
    Did you solve your issue?
    I'm having the same problem here since XDP update v12.6.
    As showed in the attached image, most of my "local catalog" folders is grey (locked), and in "online catalog" I can't even use a simple shape as "arrow", which is tagged to "buy".
    I opened a support ticked and the answer was:

Can you uninstall the program, and re-install using the installer available on our website. After installing before registering, please run the program as administrator, do this by closing all Xara programs and right clicking the desktop icon and selecting "Run as Admin..."
    Then I proceed as following (without success):
    1- Uninstalled XDP
    2- Created a new Windows user account to reinstall XDP from scratch (without register and roaming leftover from previous install).
    3- I turned off antivirus and similar, and double checked Internet Explorer is updated and working.
    4- In the new user account, I installed XDP v12.6.1 that I just download from Xara website.
    5- Ran XDP as Administrator before registration, and registered it as Administrator.
    6- Opened XDP and checked the content catalog, local and online.
    7- Initially, all items were available for me (no grey folders and I could use any on line catalog item), and seemed the problem was solved. However, after a couple of hours using XDP, for the same item that was available for using (e.g. arrow) changed status to "buy" and XDP started charging for any item from catalog ("buy" message appearing in items).

So, the problem is persistent. In a first moment seemed to be solved, but I don't have idea why the problem reappeared and I can't use catalog local and online anymore.

Any information on how to solve that is very welcomed!

Best,
    Carlos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_register issue.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	117110