Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pop up contact form

Hi all - another issue that I would greatly appreciate your help with.

I am trying to create a contact form in a pop up window (not auto pop up - only when a link is clicked).

I am using Jotform to generate the form and it works fine if I use it in a placeholder in the mouse off layer. However if I add it to a pop-up layer, when I click the link to it all I see is the X in a circle to close the pop-up, this happens in Firefox and internet explorer, but it does work properly in Chrome.

Jotform does offer the option of a pop-up but when I use this in a placeholder it generates a rather ugly plain text link - but this does work - if I could change the look of the link this would be good.

There is a third option that Jotform offer - using a 'feedback button', this works well but when I import the code into the site the text disappears - It works on a blank website template so I guess that its some kind of conflict with the existing site code?

Anyone done this before and found a workable solution?
    Last edited by nobbyy; 16 April 2017 at 09:01 AM.

Default Re: Pop up contact form

In the second situation, the plain text link, can you copy the link from the text and apply it to a button or some other graphic?

Sorry - I didnt make myself clear - the second option is what looks like a piece of Java, when I insert the code into a placeholder it generates what looks like a text link, when this is clicked the form does open up.

I am working on trying to make the third option work - when I insert the code into a placeholder it generates the button and when clicked it does work, but when i insert it into the site I want to use it with the text disappears. The code works when inserted into a blank site and I have tried it with a number of other sites that I have built and it works fine with them. To try and isolate the problem I have even deleted the content of the site to see if that makes the button work without success - I may have to recreate the site, which I am loath to do. I have just noticed that the text 'flashes' very briefly on loading. Any thoughts on how to isolate the problem?

Are you about at present nobbyy?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg - I am now!

Sent you a PM Neil.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Interestingly if I use ProX 11 the third option works fine - now beginning to wonder if this has something to do with the recent update?

It well might. Copy and paste the page from X11 and paste it into X12 as see if it works. It it does not then you have answered your question and discovered a "feature" that we can submit

Good idea, except that when I copy a page from ProX11 the past page function is greyed out in 12! I have tried saving it in 11 and opening it in 12 but still does not work.

Interestingly someone had posted a problem on the Facebook Xara forum with text disappearing on sub menus - wonder if this is related?

Interestingly have just tried opening the file in the pre update version of Pro X and it works fine - so it is another 'feature of the update.