Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Pop up contact form

Hi all - another issue that I would greatly appreciate your help with.

I am trying to create a contact form in a pop up window (not auto pop up - only when a link is clicked).

I am using Jotform to generate the form and it works fine if I use it in a placeholder in the mouse off layer. However if I add it to a pop-up layer, when I click the link to it all I see is the X in a circle to close the pop-up, this happens in Firefox and internet explorer, but it does work properly in Chrome.

Jotform does offer the option of a pop-up but when I use this in a placeholder it generates a rather ugly plain text link - but this does work - if I could change the look of the link this would be good.

There is a third option that Jotform offer - using a 'feedback button', this works well but when I import the code into the site the text disappears - It works on a blank website template so I guess that its some kind of conflict with the existing site code?

Anyone done this before and found a workable solution?
    Last edited by nobbyy; 16 April 2017 at 09:01 AM.

Default Re: Pop up contact form

In the second situation, the plain text link, can you copy the link from the text and apply it to a button or some other graphic?

Sorry - I didnt make myself clear - the second option is what looks like a piece of Java, when I insert the code into a placeholder it generates what looks like a text link, when this is clicked the form does open up.

I am working on trying to make the third option work - when I insert the code into a placeholder it generates the button and when clicked it does work, but when i insert it into the site I want to use it with the text disappears. The code works when inserted into a blank site and I have tried it with a number of other sites that I have built and it works fine with them. To try and isolate the problem I have even deleted the content of the site to see if that makes the button work without success - I may have to recreate the site, which I am loath to do. I have just noticed that the text 'flashes' very briefly on loading. Any thoughts on how to isolate the problem?

Are you about at present nobbyy?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg - I am now!

Sent you a PM Neil.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host