Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Hello!

Thumbs up Hello!

Hello, everyone. I'd just like to introduce myself in this first post to the site. My name is John, aka Luxxeon or Luxxeon 3d. I'm obviously quite late in my discovery of this forum, but I am a member in many other 3d forums so perhaps there are some of you here I may have met already? Anyway, I don't know if this forum is still active or not, but I felt like a formal introduction was in order. I may begin posting here when I have the time, if there are still people around here who like to talk 3d or cg art, particularly 3d modeling, texturing and rendering. Hope to see you soon.

Default Re: Hello!

Hello John, welcome to TG, yes the forum is still active.

Welcome to TG. Hope to see you post here.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks, guys! It's nice to see there's some activity here. Seems like a nice forum, don't know why I never saw this place before. I found my way here via some links on a blog I stumbled upon. I'm an active member on CGTalk, DeviantArt, and Renderosity to name a few, but I look forward to interacting with people here as well. If anyone would like to trade social media contacts, let's connect there as well.

Just to tell a little more about myself, I'm a 3d modeler (obviously) working independently in the industry as a conceptual artist for product visualization and dev, as well as running several of my own marketplace stores for 3d printing and digital models for PBR. I also run a Youtube channel where I share tutorials and work at Renderosity.com as forum coordinator for their 3d modeling forum. I have a passion for 3d art in general, but really enjoy modeling and sculpting to the point of obsession. I have a thing for abstract and mathematically-inspired shapes for 3d printing and created an entire Youtube channel focused on that type of 3d modeling. I basically demonstrate how to create those beautiful, complex models without any formal mathematical training or knowledge of formula, using all standard traditional 3d modeling tools and techniques.

I'll be happy to post some examples of my work here if that's allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by luxxeon View Post
    I'll be happy to post some examples of my work here if that's allowed.
    Sure go ahead. We would love to see your work. Please post in Graphics gallery because non Xara creations are allowed there.
    Sorry I'm late posting this, I've been extremely busy lately with choir and doing artwork for my son using Xara of coerse. So even though I am a mod on Graphics gallery and Challenges, all my work in done using Xara.
    Last edited by wizard509; 15 April 2017 at 05:00 AM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Sure go ahead. We would love to see your work. Please post in Graphics gallery because non Xara creations are allowed there.
    Sorry I'm late posting this, I've been extremely busy lately with choir and doing artwork for my son using Xara of coerse. So even though I am a mod on Graphics gallery and Challenges, all my work in done using Xara.
    I think that may be why I hadn't discovered this forum earlier, because I see that it's focused primarily on Xara software. I don't have any experience with Xara, although I have seen it in action and the work created using it is impressive. I'll definitely post some of my works here, although it will likely be after the Easter holiday. My primary workstation is having some serious issues right now, and I cant log into the OS unless I use Safe Mode. Very frustrating. I hope everyone here has a wonderful holiday if you do indeed celebrate it, and I'll be back soon.

Yes primarily, however some forums here do allow non-Xara work.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

You may post images relative to 3D in this forum, If you have something specific you would like to share, start a new topic, begin a discussion and post examples as you please. There is an 800x600 pixel size limit on images, you may want to include close ups for detail if you desire.