Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: jot form iframe

Question jot form iframe

how to get a jot form to work on main and variant?
    jot form is only working on the main website. The variant will not display the form.
    method used: embed HTML into a placeholder
    tried using:
    1. "embed" code for both
    2. "iframe" code for both
    3. variant use jot form "iframe" code,
    4. main use "embed" code
    sadicus - Win10 ● nvidia 32GB ● XDP17

Default Re: jot form iframe

Off to bed, but forms shared over two variants always seem to create problems. Try duplicating the form on JotForm and load these individual forms into the alternative variants.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thanks egg, i was just about to try that!

no luck. one form per site, otherwise to unpredictable, sometimes the form on the main site works othertime it does not show up with out first refreshing the mobile variant.

Ask the forum there, they are very helpful. Also there is a setting that makes the form mobile. Look for that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard-1.png 
Views:	282 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	117006  

Hi sadicus,

Please follow the instructions included in the Jotform widget to insert the forms correctly, you can find these instructions by clicking the widget's help button, I have also included them below:

"Launch the New Form Wizard by clicking on My Forms followed by the New Form button.
    Select an option from the New Form Wizard and click on Continue.
    Configure your form in this JotForm window. Add form controls from the TOOLBOX on the left using drag and drop.
    When done, click on the Setup & Embed tab.
    Click the Publish button on the topbar.
    Go to the Platforms Tab.
    Find the Xara button to reveal your form's HTML code and then press the copy code button.
    Click the Insert button below to close the JotForm window and add the form to your web page."

Thanks,
    Ben

@Ben.Moses Thank you for he info right in front of me.
    What is the best way to insure this code works for both websites? Create the form as a footer so it's available on every page, share as a variant repet on all pages or copy/paste? The issue was not that the form would not display at all, only that it would only work on one version at a time.

How to add your form into Xara

1.If you are using a JotForm form from the Designs Gallery of Xara Designer Pro or Web Designer, simply click Copy Code above, and then Insert. This window will close and a few seconds later you should see an image of your form appear on your page. Preview the page to test the working form.

I am having the same issue. I can't get the form to show in both variants. I have tried the Xara insert widget, using placeholders with both embed and iframe code. No luck either way. Form shows in the main but not mobile variant. THIS IS FRUSTRATING. I have been using coffeecup but need to move to a hosted solution for several reasons. Anyone else having same issue and/or a fix? Xara variants need to be fixed by Xara.

Hi,

Which embed option are you using for your form?

After designing your website if you select Publish > Platforms (on the right) > Xara it should give you the iframe code that should work in all variants.

There is a known problem with this that we have contacted JotForm about (but they haven't done anything about it), is that the height is set to 0px for some reason. After importing your form, if you go to Web Properties > Placeholder > HTML Code BODY, and where it says height:0px; change this to height:100%; and it should show properly.

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi,

Which embed option are you using for your form?

After designing your website if you select Publish > Platforms (on the right) > Xara it should give you the iframe code that should work in all variants.

There is a known problem with this that we have contacted JotForm about (but they haven't done anything about it), is that the height is set to 0px for some reason. After importing your form, if you go to Web Properties > Placeholder > HTML Code BODY, and where it says height:0px; change this to height:100%; and it should show properly.

Thanks
    Rob
    Thanks Rob,

Got it working. I had seen the 0% on the height and already tried editing that before I saw your post letting me know it is a know error. Be nice for it to be fixed but now that I know it's not a problem.
    eric