Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Slidewhow - Cannot edit ??

I cannot edit my slideshow, I have contacted support and after LOTS of delays I have had a few replies but for such good software the support is very lacking in my opinion. I waited 5 days for the first reply and I am trying to run a business

Anyway when I try and edit a slidshow the window opens and the little blue icon rotates but nothing else (see attached) . It never loads anything, it used to work fine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	117000

Any help appreciated

Default Re: Xara Slidewhow - Cannot edit ??

I can only sympathise John. I haven't tested Xara Slideshow Widget since the latest update, so I did so just now and everything worked as expected. It seems very strange that it's neither logging-in nor telling you the log-in is incorrect.

Try running as Administrator again & see if this makes a difference.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have the same problem as John Young while using windows 10 64 bit. The problem persists when running as administrator.

Using Windows 7 64 bit, however, the Xara Slideshow Widget loads as expected.

I agree that support is poor and waited 7 days for a useless reply. Allegedly it occurs because I use a Firewall and AV!!!

I agree that support is poor and waited 7 days for a useless reply. Allegedly it occurs because I use a Firewall and AV!!!
    In all fairness, with the sheer number of anti-malware programs, anti-virus programs, plus plug-ins, it's amazing anything works. I use Privacy Badger and HTTPS Everywhere and these two protection plug-ins frequently cause things not to work.

Welcome to TalkGraphics by the way.

Hi, try the slideshow with small pictures, if all is good than perhaps your problem arises when you use a large file picture. Something else to try, click on insert when the file is loading.

Ciao

Roly

Hi Guys,

Thanks for reporting this. Sorry we're not having much success fixing the issue through support tickets, we haven't encountered this issue internally and so tracking it down is proving harding than expected.

Can you go to the URL below, in both Internet Explorer and your Default browser and see if both show the same loading symbol. (You may need to sign in using your Xara credentials)

https://widgets.xara-online.com/slider/index.php?

Thanks,
    Ben

Went to that link Ben. Firefox is reporting your site as unsecure ????? FF v53
    See this page:
    LINK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compromised.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	117011  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Unhappy Re: Xara Slidewhow - Cannot edit ??

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.Moses View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for reporting this. Sorry we're not having much success fixing the issue through support tickets, we haven't encountered this issue internally and so tracking it down is proving harding than expected.

Can you go to the URL below, in both Internet Explorer and your Default browser and see if both show the same loading symbol. (You may need to sign in using your Xara credentials)

https://widgets.xara-online.com/slider/index.php?

Thanks,
    Ben
    Hi Ben,

When using IE, the page https://oauth2.xara-online.com/v1/confirm/en-GB/ could not be found (404) after input of my user credentials. If using IE from the WD365 preview browser, it returns the loading icon previously reported.

Using Chrome I made some progress and was able to load the Xara Slideshow widget but, obviously, could not insert it into my .web file

Using Edge, I received the "unsupported_response_type" message in page https://oauth2.xara-online.com/v1/confirm/en-GB/.

Hope this helps.

Hi jayceeuk,

Can you go into Xara, try and edit the widget the same way as you normally would, and when you get to the loading symbol. Right click it, select Properties > Click once into the URL field to insert the text cursor, Press Ctrl + A to select the entire URL, and Ctrl + C to copy it, now paste that into Chrome and IE11.

Thanks,
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.Moses View Post
    Hi jayceeuk,

Can you go into Xara, try and edit the widget the same way as you normally would, and when you get to the loading symbol. Right click it, select Properties > Click once into the URL field to insert the text cursor, Press Ctrl + A to select the entire URL, and Ctrl + C to copy it, now paste that into Chrome and IE11.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Hi Ben,

This is the URL of the loading symbol :-

'https://widgets.xara-online.com/slider/index.php?accessToken=IMrO5J99tQ0EFoTvLnfVj3b6-9axjBKtgHQEs36We5YXUKOK-p1LQFc0KJhTnqWabYIN2nkaKKSurxLWnyvgMQ&tokenType=Be arer'

and when pasted into IE11 or Chrome, the results are identical to those in post #8.

Hope this helps.