Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Hamburger question to Xara

Ben is right in saying that there are many blogs out there saying that the hamburger menu is going out, BUT they have been saying that for at least 3 years and it keeps getting more and more popular. It is now at the level that pretty much everyone who uses the internet knows what it's purpose is. There is nothing out there that has replaced it (the symbol) and nothing close to replacing it, it has come to be THE icon for menus (mobile or otherwise) just as the play icon has become one with videos. At the end of the day a designer needs to think about user experience on a website and having the hamburger menu make sense, any other symbol (just for the sake of being different) ruins UX. One cannot think about replacing an icon simply because it is over used.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    At the end of the day a designer needs to think about user experience on a website and having the hamburger menu make sense, any other symbol (just for the sake of being different) ruins UX.
    I like your post very much and agree with the above quote.

I agree with Cloud & Gary. The only other one I can think of is the ellipses, the three horizontal dot's.

To say it's being overused is similar to saying use a green Facebook icon with a script font "F". How can it be overused.... that's what makes it recognisable.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Cloud it is good to see you on here How has working with muse been keeping you? Are you planning to use Xara anytime soon?

Now that I know what the heck you meant by "hamburger" ditto on that menu style being in the content catalog to easily add!

You can find a 'hamburger' navbar in the smartphone variant of the "Ultimate Theme" which you can find in the catalog/gallery under Print & Web Components/Websites/Single Page Websites. At least in the 365 edition.