Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How can I add a "comments" page and a "blog" page to my website?

First time here, so forgive me if I haven't added enough details. I am using a Business template, legal 3. However, there does not seem to be a way for me to add a comments page that viewers can interact with. How can I do this?

Also, I would like to create a different website that includes some blogs from a previous website. Can I do this?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Default Re: How can I add a "comments" page and a "blog" page to my website?

Welcome to TalkGraphics Susan

Xara does not support comments and blog pages directly. You can link to a separate site or use an iframe to embed an external site.

Insert > From Online Content Catalog > Components > Print & Web Components > Embed a Website Widget

Enter the url for the page and press Insert.

One thing that is not mentioned is before you press insert, select the URL and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl c) then press Insert.

I have attached a file that shows how this works. Download embed.xar and open and preview in Xara.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics Susan

Xara does not support comments and blog pages directly. You can link to a separate site or use an iframe to embed an external site.

Insert > From Online Content Catalog > Components > Print & Web Components > Embed a Website Widget

Enter the url for the page and press Insert.

One thing that is not mentioned is before you press insert, select the URL and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl c) then press Insert.

I have attached a file that shows how this works. Download embed.xar and open and preview in Xara.
    Thanks for help, much appreciated. I will watch the vid next time I open Xara. Perhaps this is jumping the gun, or skipping a step, but will this allow viewers of the original web page to make additional comments? Or will they only be able to view the comments that have already been made?

Yes. The visitors will see the actual page. I could to this thread from a Xara preview and I first I need to log in to TalkGraphics.