Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Post Copy content or sync from the main tab to the smartphone tab on a supersite template

1. I am working on a web that started on the main tab of a supersite template.
    Now I would like to know how to sync both tab's with out having to rework everything for almost 30 pages of web.

2. Also I have a local video that I would like to launch right away instead of downloading it.

Default Re: Copy content or sync from the main tab to the smartphone tab on a supersite templ

Hi Alex

I am guessing you are referring to variants, such as a mobile variant to be displayed only on mobile devices and a full size browser site?

There is a supersite option to scale the page to fit the browser but I do not recommend this unless your pages are more or less all the same size and not very deep.

Xara's approach takes more work but in the end is worth it. Because a design that is appropriate to a computer monitor is usually not appropriate for a smart phone. And bandwidth for smart phones and tablets is usually not as fast as for a desktop browser.

I prefer to resize the text larger for a mobile site and edit the content to simply the content as much as possible. It is nice if the user has a WiFi connection but this often is not the case.

Acorn or Egg or one of the members may have a script to start playing a video on page opening though I know from the past that they as well as I really are put off by videos that start playing as soon as the page loads.

Default Re: Copy content or sync from the main tab to the smartphone tab on a supersite templ

Thanks gwpriester for your answer.
    I am using the supersite but what I need to know is where and how you do it.

Sorry for being so slow. Still early in New Mexico.

Are you asking how to create a variant?

go to www.kidzchoicecharter.org from your pc and from you phone and you will understand what I am talking about

The mobile site looks OK though it loads very slowly. There is one paragraph that is weird because it is too narrow and only one character is showing per line.

Supersites load much slower than individual page sites because supersites have to load all the files first. As such I don't like Supersites unless the material is very simple.

What exactly is the problem with the mobile site?

gwpriester
    Whan I access the web via my phone what i see is not what you see from the pc and that is because pictures and text are different as the info in not sync or transfer.
    So going back to my main question how do I make both variants look the same considering the view size. I dont want to design the content for the phone variant piece by piece from the main. It will be a Pain in the neck... and

Then as I said, create a Supersite, and opt for Scale to Fit Screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Web Properties.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	116950   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supersite settings.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	116951  

I'm with Gary on this, supersites are fine for sites with small content but yours has way to much content for a supersite as everything is required to download at once.

On the subject of auto playing a video mobile phones usually block this due to file size, so I don't think it can be done.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host