Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What might cause one page of a multi-page site to NOT switch when viewed on a mobile?

I have a multi-page site that I've been modifying for years so it's been in Xara a while and working fine. www.shepherdlm.com/coupons.htm when viewed in Chrome this page won't switch to the mobile version of the page. It will switch when viewed in IE or Firefox. I've spent hours trying to find the problem with no result. I also took all the content off of the full page version and it still wouldn't display the mobile variant. I then made a whole new page. The blank version of the page worked as it should. After adding the content it now won't display the mobile variant again, even after removing all content! Any ideas where I might look, any clues in the HTML of what might cause the page to not display in Chrome? All the other pages in the site do display as expected.

Default Re: What might cause one page of a multi-page site to NOT switch when viewed on a mob

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    I have a multi-page site that I've been modifying for years so it's been in Xara a while and working fine. www.shepherdlm.com/coupons.htm when viewed in Chrome this page won't switch to the mobile version of the page. It will switch when viewed in IE or Firefox. I've spent hours trying to find the problem with no result. I also took all the content off of the full page version and it still wouldn't display the mobile variant. I then made a whole new page. The blank version of the page worked as it should. After adding the content it now won't display the mobile variant again, even after removing all content! Any ideas where I might look, any clues in the HTML of what might cause the page to not display in Chrome? All the other pages in the site do display as expected.
    It works for me - try Ctrl+F5 to clear your local cache.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: What might cause one page of a multi-page site to NOT switch when viewed on a mob

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

Acorn
    I had tried that, didn't work. Tried it again, still didn't work. I'll trying viewing it elsewhere and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

Acorn
    Apparently it works OK on my laptop. Any idea why one page out of many would not perform as expected? I have the latest version of Chrome and no other viewing issues that I'm aware of.

There's something about that page that's causing it t0 display greater than 480 px Jim. Without the xar / web file I couldn'y say what.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    There's something about that page that's causing it t0 display greater than 480 px Jim. Without the xar / web file I couldn'y say what.
    Egg,
    That was my thought also, but even with removing all content it still happens. I also tried viewing it in outline mode to see if anything was hiding slightly off page, without luck. Thanks anyway.

Well that's what's causing your problems Jim. Without your xar/web I can't comment on the cause
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Well that's what's causing your problems Jim. Without your xar/web I can't comment on the cause
    Well, it looks like it had something to do with the page being smaller than the other site pages. It's a page of coupons meant to be printed, so I thought I would make it only as big as it needed to be to avoid it possibly going onto 2 pages when printed. When I made the page bigger to match the other site pages it reacted normally in mobile. Thank you for the suggestions.
    Jim