Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Can I add a script in a footer

Of course it would be best to ask a copyright attorney! I don't have a copyright attorney but just want to cover my rear-end, as they say!
    Too bad she charges you too or I'd have you ask her...I haven't made enough money to hire anyone!

Of course it would be best to ask a copyright attorney! I don't have a copyright attorney but just want to cover my rear-end, as they say!
    Too bad she charges you too or I'd have you ask her...I haven't made enough money to hire anyone!
    I was only kidding. But my wife is an artist and not an attorney.

I did a quick search and found this:

https://www.thoughtco.com/copyright-...symbol-1991422

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I was only kidding. But my wife is an artist and not an attorney.

I did a quick search and found this:

https://www.thoughtco.com/copyright-...symbol-1991422
    Oh, my...you are way too funny! I've had a whole discussion about copyright on photographs. Artwork is a whole other issue. The general public does not understand anyways. We artists need to stick together...I try to educate my friends who haven't a clue that when they take a screen shot it is "stealing" and to be careful.

I've just tried this and it doesn't work for me. When I go back to view it, it's just what I typed and not the script to add the ending year.When I go back to the placeholder and look at the html code (body) it is empty, even though I had applied it first and clicked okay.

What am I doing wrong please?

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    A better approach might be along the lines of https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...in-placeholder.

Create a text box with text "Copyright © 2016"
    To its Placeholder HTML code(body), insert:
    This can be repeated on all pages as a footer-locked textbox. Yopu can alter the font, size and colour of the textbox to round it all off.

Acorn

Info Re: Can I add a script in a footer

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    I've just tried this and it doesn't work for me. When I go back to view it, it's just what I typed and not the script to add the ending year.When I go back to the placeholder and look at the html code (body) it is empty, even though I had applied it first and clicked okay.

What am I doing wrong please?

Sue
    Don't know. Here is my version: Copy Right.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Well, dang... yours work! Thanks! I will try to copy yours...cause I have no idea what I was doing wrong!
    Thanks much, Acorn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Don't know. Here is my version: Copy Right.xar

Acorn

I got the script working but it is not centering on the page in preview, no matter what I try. Why?

Here's a screen shot. It's centered on the page working on it, but once previewed, it is not centered.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	working on script and copyright.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	117698Click image for larger version. 

Name:	previewed.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	117699

Then the text object you have made is no longer text. Has it been stretched or rotated?

To check, remove the Placeholder code so you just have the straight text. Preview and try to highlight the text. Does it act like an image or text?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn. If I delete the html code, it is not deleting! I delete it, click ok, then apply. Check it, it's gone. Go and preview it, it looks like "text." Go back to it and the code is still there. I've got no clue!

But I"m thinking you are right...there is a flower on the right box of it. What does this mean?

I copied Acorn's script above. When I make my own textbox and then add the html code in the placeholder, my script does not work. Acorn's did!

I see it says "edit widget." Can I somehow tell it to center and have it work? this is the script: <span>Copyright &copy; BCCSC 2016-<script>new Date().getFullYear()>2006&&document.write(new Date().getFullYear());</script></span>
    Last edited by SueB; 30 May 2017 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Hi Acorn. If I delete the html code, it is not deleting! I delete it, click ok, then apply. Check it, it's gone. Go and preview it, it looks like "text." Go back to it and the code is still there. I've got no clue!

But I"m thinking you are right...there is a flower on the right box of it. What does this mean?

I copied Acorn's script above. When I make my own textbox and then add the html code in the placeholder, my script does not work. Acorn's did!

I see it says "edit widget." Can I somehow tell it to center and have it work? this is the script: <span>Copyright &copy; BCCSC 2016-<script>new Date().getFullYear()>2006&&document.write(new Date().getFullYear());</script></span>
    Sue, a flower is the symbol for a Live copy.
    I assume this is across all you pages and the code should work for that too.

i have checked further and the Live Copy and other font attributes elsewhere seem to interfere with the aligment my code is expecting form Xara.

The code you have used is correctly working here but to play safe use this:<span><center>Copyright &copy; BCCSC 2016-<script>new Date().getFullYear()>2006&&document.write(new Date().getFullYear());</script></center></span>, where you can add <center></center>, <left></left>, <right></right> TAGS to align your text.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 31 May 2017 at 11:20 AM.