Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Can I add a script in a footer

Can I add a (code) script that I'd like to use as a footer for each page on my website?

If so, can you tell me how to do it?

Thanks,
    Sue

Default Re: Can I add a script in a footer

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Can I add a (code) script that I'd like to use as a footer for each page on my website?
    If so, can you tell me how to do it?
    Thanks, Sue
    Sue, easier to explain if you advise what result you are after or a reference to the code itself.

There is no simple approach but for a single instance, you would create a Placeholder shape and then add the code to its body.
    Unfortunately, cloning this across all pages will probably not work if a HMTL ID reference is used; it needs to be a Class reference.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It's a copyright script that adds the year each year without having to go into each one and change it.

Here it is: <p>Copyright © 2016-
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    <!--- Hide from old browsers
    document.write(y0);
    // end hiding --->
    </SCRIPT>

It's a copyright script that adds the year each year without having to go into each one and change it.

Here it is: <p>Copyright © 2016-
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    <!--- Hide from old browsers
    document.write(y0);
    // end hiding --->
    </SCRIPT>
    There will be a method somewhere that add the current year to the variable y0; do you have that?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I think this is all I have and it works

I think this is all I have and it works
    Sorry, it doesn't and it can't.
    Somewhere in your header, you will have a piece of code to get today's date...

Acorn

P.S. I have added your code to a Placeholder and run it; all you get is "Copyright © 2016-".