Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs down Re: Renewal date approaching: what exactly are our options and costs?

Quote Originally Posted by Abikadabra View Post
    I am very disappointed that what was once included in the price of our software is now an additional extra. On April 20, will I still be able to access the Content Catalogue?. According to this, I probably will not.
    I cannot understand how this move can be legal. I have been a user of Xara Web Designer ever since it was called Webstyle version 2. Over the years I have regularly upgraded to the new version and purchased additional template packs and themes. Some of the themes and widgets I purchased were not available at one upgrade and I have an email stating that they would be made available in the near future and I would be able to get access to them, needless to say this never happened.

I moved to the professional version as soon as it became available as this gave me new templates, all of which I have paid for and at the time and were downloaded as part of the installation with earlier versions.

So how can Xara now remove access to the templates, widgets etc. unless I pay an additional fee? This to me seems like a form of blackmail. It's like being kicked in the balls. I have been loyal to Xara for many years and this is how I'm treated.

Whenever I have been asked by people how to build websites I have told them to buy Xara Web Designer, but no more.

Default Re: Renewal date approaching: what exactly are our options and costs?

@ronh
    you do not buy anything in that sense and what's more you never have - what you buy is a licence which allows you to use the program and asset in particular way - each new version comes with a new licence, and in 365 version the licence conditions were changed - nothing illegal about that, the original licences still stand for the original versions [and ditto any original licences for original asset]

as browj2 and other have said [ad nauseam ] you don't actually loose any asset if you [can] download it - but what you loose is the online catalogue way of doing it...

@egg
    sorry egg, but either you have an unfortunate set of clients, or you lack the trust that some of them [only some] may be as good as you

I certainly work with some clients who can draw at least as well as me if not better, I believe it's called teamwork.....
    Last edited by handrawn; 25 April 2017 at 08:25 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...