Quote Originally Posted by mr.Taraxum View Post
Me and my firm now thinking of buying a 3d scanner. What we know, that we need a good detalization and textures. This scan examples looks like just as we need, but prices of their scanners are quite high. maybe anyone know something cheaper, that provides the same quality?
Looking at some of the examples on that page, most of those models seem like they can be created by hand just as well, and perhaps even better topologically speaking than the scans. Even some of the textures captured by the scan seem muddy compared to properly UV unwrapped models that were hand painted or photo enhanced. I understand the need for 3d scanning tech in certain circumstances where absolute measurements and detail are needed (super high res) in a precision environment, but when it comes to things like chairs and everyday objects, I think human-input modeling can be far superior. Plus you still have to clean up those scans, which can be just as time-consuming as modeling from scratch. Just thinking out loud here.