Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 good friends

Another 3D comp.
    Poser5, Millenium horse, Vickie3.
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain
    IP

Another 3D comp.
    Poser5, Millenium horse, Vickie3.
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain
    IP

Out of this world - love it.

Your making me think really strongly about getting Poser.

Turan
    IP

Nice image Maya. For some fun create a new poser document, import your picture as a background image and play with the sketch designer.

IP

Thanks Turan! Glad you liked this one and it makes you consider what you could do with this app. I'm just discovering its usefulness and there's lots more it can help with = like look below at Mike's use of Posers "sketch" transform! (Hey that's cool Mike!)...so your 3D works can be used in so many other ways besides just 3D imagery. It's also useful to plan out paintings and drawing subjects for traditional media. It's fantastic to have lighting, etc. you can experiment with.

I'm really having fun with it and am looking forward to my Poser6 upgrade.

Thanks Mike = very fun use of the sketch mode -- I will surely play with that too.
    ---Maya
    -Mark Twain
    IP

Hi Maya...

I really like the dark yet super warm feel to this grfx... mmm, so nice 9thumbs up)

I really think that this work would look great as a mural on a brick wall of a building somewhere... even a 3d building in a scene...
    IP

Thanks -- Glad you enjoyed this one gidgit (I'm wondering about the "9 thumbs" tho... )!

Interesting idea for a mural in another scene.
    ---Maya
    -Mark Twain
    IP

Hi Maya...

Yea, sloppy typing habits on my part

I saw you image and immediate like I merged it with a brick filter fx, then duplicated the image, cut the background out, gave it the same dark brown color as is found in the majority of the pic, put the brick fx ontop and now had a map with your image on brick, as well the same size image with just dark brown bricks... saved as windows .bmp and used on the face of a cube in a scene for a wall, with the plain brick on one side, and the mural on the last twenty feet of the corner of the building...

awesome mural girl... infact I wish the old brick buildings in our nieghborhood had this type of work on em

I must study some more into this sort of thing... thanks Maya
    IP

Yeah I can imagine the difficulties of typing with only thumbs at your disposal!

The mural idea sounds great -- and if I were in your area I could, in fact, drag out the ol' brushes and paint and put this image and others on those blah buildings of yours. As it is, though, something of this image will likely end up on a canvas of mine.
    ---Maya
    -Mark Twain
    IP

Lovely Maya!! I love horses too!!

Did you get the Unicorn packs to go with the Mil Horse?? If your a PC member at DAZ they are $1.99 each!!

Dig the image I created in DAZ Studio. 2 parts, because I'm still learning how to deal with lighting, as many of us are. Rendered the Unicorn (lit) and then the background (Screenshot, because I like the way it looked better before rendering it!! ). Imported the Unicorn in to PSCS and then added the background. Blended the hooves into the snow a bit and then added a bright flare on a newly created copy of the background and then chose "Overlay". Created a new layer, filled with black and then used Flaming Pears Glitterato and created a stary forground, used the eraser set at 45% opacity to remove some of them and then chose Screen to overlay that on top. Text and finished. It was a fun project.

To me it's pretty close, along the lines, but not perfectly photorealistic. Certain elements look very realistic and others totally give it away. But that's OK, I really like this work I did.

Anyway Maya, if you don't have the Unicorn packs and aren't a member of the Platinum Club at DAZ you can get some really good deals and it's only $7.00 something per month after the initial join cost. Just when you think you don't need the membership any longer they release some other really cool stuff like Stonemasons Fantasy Castle and other packs that go with it (all for $1.99 for members)

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP