Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Accordion 2 Widget not showing text

I have a website that has been working without a problem for several years but needed to update it with this year's prices. I have recently updated my Web Designer Premium to the latest 365 version but having used this updated version to do the website update I find that the Accordion 2 Widget looks OK on the design page but upon exporting to the website proper none of the text on the widget is visible. As an example look at the first item on page at http://www.hellardbrosltd.co.uk/chem...20granules.htm The text for each picture should say 2KG, 5KG and then 25KG.

I can see no reason for this to be happening.Has anyone else had a similar problem or offer a solution?

Default Re: Accordion 2 Widget not showing text

Did you do a complete site upload or just an incremental update? Perhaps something else needs to be uploaded/updated? Just guessing on those but I've had similar issues that the full upload approach resolved.

A good thought and one that I had too. I have tried both incremental and full uploads but with no success in getting the widget to perform as it should. The worrying thing is that even the preview system within Web Designer exhibits the same problem so maybe something has changed in the browser that is causing the problem.
    If that is the case then the widget should be either fixed or removed from being offered as an element to be used.

I have done more work which shows that there is nothing intrinsically wrong with the widget because it works perfectly well on a stand alone page. The problem therefore must lie somewhere within the existing website. The trick is of course how to find it! Watch this space but don't hold your breath!

Hi From which version did you upgrade? Please try inserting a new Accordion 2 widget from the content catalog. (please initially try this within a new doc) Do you encounter the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrappers View Post
    I have done more work which shows that there is nothing intrinsically wrong with the widget because it works perfectly well on a stand alone page. The problem therefore must lie somewhere within the existing website. The trick is of course how to find it! Watch this space but don't hold your breath!
    I've had issues with some widgets when sharing with variants. Do you have variant pages?

There were changes in widgets between versions. in this scenario id recommend either

a) remove the problem widget from your document and re-insert it from the content catalogue and then reconfigure it as required
    b) submit a support ticket providing a link to your xar file allowing the team to download the file and investigate the issue.

Many thanks