Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer or Pro - Great for website layout mock-ups!

We know that Adobe PS and ILL are used for design mock-ups of websites for customers. But I find Xara to be
    just super fast to do this kind of work.... (maybe because I'm so used to it and can not stand Adobe stuff) never-the-less....

Two partners who are starting a business asked be to do a design layout mock-up of their new website.... all the back-end technical stuff
    is going to be done by their web company... they just didn't want them to do the site's design because they could work closer and
    more often with me and were not too happy with some of the things they were doing.... I'm no pro, but I can do an acceptable job...

So after a bit of back and forth over a week I / we came up with this... I made this post so I might give new users some hope that even
    an un-schooled designer like me can make some decent sites with Xara software.

Their are a few screen-shots scattered throughout from the old beginnings of the site - but 98% of it is a make-over. I even had to completely
    re-make the video from the original.... all the backgrounds and drop-ins etc... but that's another story...

Cliff

http://www.learnpopandjazzpianonewsl...kups/index.htm

Oh... this was the before.... but they used my video - so far - but the rest.... ??? they have a ways to go...
    https://socialfuneralfunding.com/

Default Re: Web Designer or Pro - Great for website layout mock-ups!

looks good. Are they going to go with the new design or just implement parts of it into the old site?

Ray

Sorry Cliff, why are you using Xara as a mock up? Why aren't you using Xara to create the actual website?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Ray... yes, they're going to use/follow my makeover.... that's what the owners want them to do....

Egg... the owners hired a web development company to manage their site. There's a whole lot of heavy back-end stuff going on that I definitely don't have the ability to do - nor do I think the Xara app.

The design is what they were interested in me doing.... I may be wrong but, you asking that question would be like.... why would any designer use any app, ie PS to do a design mock-up of a site. One would not
    use PS to do a website.... Yes? No?