Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Font Changes

Hybrid View

Default Font Changes

HI
    I am using Xara Designer Pro X and have just used the 'Able' template to make a Flower Farm website for a friend. I showed her ten fonts from Xara and she chose Berlin which I have used for headings.
    It looks fine on my desktop in all the usual browsers and as far as I can tell from her on her laptop...but when I viewed it on my IPhone 5 the font had changed. I do not know what to...and am aware that these things can happen. But what I don't know is how to fix it! I have been searching on Typekit to see if I can find font similar but so far no joy. IT doesn't help that I don't know the kind of font that Berlin is! doh!

So you can check it out the site is under review on http://review.arranflowers.com

Can anyone help please?
    ps I have also got to change the email address as that shouldn't be showing as an email just in case anyone is wondering why I have left it like that...it was temporary
    Last edited by moonstardust; 31 March 2017 at 10:57 AM. Reason: additional comment

Default Re: Font Changes

Hi Moonstardust, I like your clean website but I do not have an IPhone to check out your site, sorry. I do see the words Isle of Arran right over the last part of FLOWERS in the title (see attached). I am using Internet Explorer. Just thought you might like to know.

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Charlottes Flowers.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	116693  

I know!!! I saw that this morning!! I was so mad!!! I forgot to change the size of the title to match mobile...have done it now but am also updating several other things will reload and see...

THANK you for compliment on how it looks

Your welcome Moonstardust.

Ciao

Roly

I have made some changes and now it doesnt do that but still think I need to mke teh size of titles smaller for mobile so it doesnt go off screen... but that was very useful so thank you Roly!

Still waanting to work out what to do about teh font though s it changes the look of the site so much when viewed on mobile!

Hi, Someone will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong but when I use an unusual font for a heading I always change it to a bitmap copy or to editable shapes.