Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X365 update (March 2017)

not even going to re-try .... yet

no doubt it will get sorted idc...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Just another "won't update for me either" ...

BTW.... I'm not a programmer, but, what could be so difficult that one's custom settings can't be programmed to be saved? Just seems to defy logic. I can't even think of another app that that can't do it..... oh well...

No March update here. Have also tried 2-3 times.
    I see a November 2016 in "About Xara Designer Pro X" but that's it.

Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    Yes, we noticed it was top of the TalkGraphics poll last year. Also the full width slider has been a popular request in the recent Web Designer survey (the surveys end on Monday by the way, if anyone hasn't already done them @ http://www.xara.com/products/designer/survey/)
    thanks - still no update this morning so I downloaded this and installed - deactivating and uninstalling november version first - at least saved custom keys can be restored....

Kate - Can you tell us why the program icon is now magenta and some kind of [>] design? I'm sure there is a good reason for this change.
    I'm sure it didn't escape Gary that the new colours are those of Affinity Photo's icon.... and the applied transparency is possibly representative of the new transparency overlays ?

improvements to import/export filters are an ongoing thing so almost a given
    web oriented stuff I don't do

which leaves for me:

ligatures - I use only a limited number of fonts, and have no problem doing the text elsewhere if necessary - but this has to be a real bonus for the designers who use fonts a lot, very welcome
    photo filters and smart shapes - going down a well established route; useful shortcuts I guess; transparency overlays I might even use occasionally
    selection tool a shortcut again [saves switching tool] which incidentally removes the rather useful [to me] ability to suppress boundary handles when selected object[s] are not being moved
    paste to multiple pages useful
    change width of all pages the release notes say this:
    (Mar 2017) Change width of all pages. Now if you change the width of one page in your document or website, you are prompted to ask if the same change should be made to all pages
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't see this when I drag out a page [see attached]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-04-01 10_09_34-Xara Designer Pro X - [Untitled1 _].png 
Views:	101 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	116712  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi folks am I the only one having problems with the "update"?
    Putting the new desktop logo to one side I went off to design add another page to an existing site only to receive an access violation at message
    whenever I tried to preview the page or indeed the site.
    Closed it down and restarted with the same problem every time I attempt to view the page. Have opened up several other sites and the same fault is now affecting them as well so it looks like
    there is some fault in the update.

Anyone shed some light?

Ken

Following on from last post have opened the site with old ProX11 and works a treat so it seems that there is either a very close co-incidence with the update or the update is the problem

Anyone from the xara team shed some light? or is the whole concept of the 365 just gone out the window?

Ken

Did you 'Run as Administrator' Ken? Always worth a try first thing.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

One of the first things I tried Egg but doesn't seem to have made any difference still getting the access violation message.

Has anyone else who has succeeded in getting the update( and the nice new purple logo) had a similar occurance?

am awaiting Xaras response from the report put in

Ken