Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding mp3 audio to website

I am having trouble doing this and making it work.

I have dragged a test mp3 file to the relevant page, and it has created the mp3 player. Selected "start when clicked". The first time I tried, no "web_files" folder was created, but it is now, and it contains the MP3 file.
    However, when I preview the website, if I click on the "play" button in the player, it somehow links to another website page. I am obviously missing something, but I can't fathom out what.

File listing in "web_files" folder attached.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File listing.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	116659

Any help welcomed!

Paul

Default Re: Adding mp3 audio to website

Can you give us more details? Your problem did not reproduce in Designer Pro in a quick test. Do you have the page online somewhere?

No at the moment I don't have the site online, although am planning to use the Xara web hosting to test it out with a few people eventually before it goes "live".
    I have had a further look into the problem. Given that the help file/manual states
    "As with the other file types above, a placeholder image showing the player is generated
    and placed on your page and the MP3 file and all other files needed to make the player
    work are copied to the support folder of your document and will be included in your
    exported website. Preview page to see the player in action."

I naively assumed that the MP3 player would link directly to the music. I have now added my own link to the music and it now plays, rather than going to another page, but this may have thrown up a further problem - instead of just opening the MP3 player in the page, on my PC, it opens windows media player as well and appears to play from both players!
    Incidentally I have Xara WD 12.0.1.45229 DL May 27 2016 (not premium)

Still confused!!

Paul

It should work as you 'naively assumed'. Did you try to remove the placeholder and repeat the process of dragging the mp3 file to your document. Something has gone wrong, it should be as easy as you expected.

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    It should work as you 'naively assumed'. Did you try to remove the placeholder and repeat the process of dragging the mp3 file to your document. Something has gone wrong, it should be as easy as you expected.
    Yes - I actually have two spearate placeholders on the page! Sorry I've been/am tied up with other things at the moment. I'm going to try and raise a support ticket when I get the chance.

Paul