Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Template Crashes upon first change

Hi guys,

I started Xara and opened a new Xara template from the Content Catalog called Landscape 2 and right-clicked on the logo and went to Repeating Object-Stop Repeating and got this error message.

I deleted the template and re-downloaded it and had the same thing happen.

Please help!!! I need to get started on this website ASAP...

I have the latest version of Web Designer Premium 365.

Regards,

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Initial Error Message.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	116649  

Default Re: New Template Crashes upon first change

Mike, right-click the Xara icon or application and select Run as Administrator. You need only do this once.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, I think we need to rename this tip the "Michelle of the Resistance" tip

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've been using this program for a few months with different templates and never had this happen.

As instructed, I opened it as Administrator and re-imported the template from the Content Catalog and when I deleted the repeating logo, the program crashed again.

I submitted a crash form to Xara but I doubt that I will hear anything from them.

On another note, I imported the Landscape Gardner 1 template and everything works just fine. Maybe template number 2 is corrupted???

Mike

Hi Mike, I tried what you did and got the same result but in order to continue your project with this template you can delete the logo manually by clicking it and then click delete. Then just do this for all the pages then put in your new logo and click on repeat on all pages. There appears to be a bug or the file is corrupt as you mentioned.

Ciao

Roly

Hi Guys,

I am unable to reproduce this issue? Can someone supply exact steps on how to reproduce the issue, starting from opening the program, and can you also include the exact version of Xara you are using. You can find this information in the Help > About Xara Designer... dialog box, simply copy the top line.

Thanks,
    Ben

Mike - When I key in Landscape 2 in the Content Catalog search I do not see the page you are showing.

As Ben Moses has requested, can you give us more specific information.

Did you have anything else open when you opened this template?

Which category was this in (the specific path) for example Components > Print & Web Components > Buttons

Then what specific file you downloaded?

Then was it one page or an entire site?

How did you delete the logo?

I've tried ti replicate this but works okay for me. The logo/header doesn't display the repeating daisy type icon but it reports as repeating in the status bar. It moves as a repeating object. Right clicking & selecting stop repeating leads to no errors.

Gary, its Landscape Gardener 2.

Name:	landscape2.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	2.1 KB 
ID:	116655  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Ben, I got the same error message. I am using XWD premium 12 v12.4.1.47518 DL x64 Nov 17 2016

Here are the steps that gave me this error message

Open program
    Download Landscape gardener 2 from content catalog. (first one top left - website)
    Click on logo
    Right click on mouse, then click repeating object, then click stop repeating
    Then black message box shows up Do you want to stop all copies repeating, or just this one? Click just this copy, and the following message shows up, Internal program error 3621.k.no.ad

I tried to download a screen grab but the attachment screen is not functioning.

Ciao

Roly

Hi guys,

That is exactly what I did.

I sent the screen shot in the first post but here is again...

Thanks again for the help.

Mike

Name:	Initial Error Message.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	116656