Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Chat Box

Default Chat Box

This gonna be a tough one guys... (I think)

I have created a secret page on my club website for displaying sensitive info to club admins.
    Is it possible to add a text type chat box to that page so that all our admins can chat with each other.
    At the moment we are all using Facebook private messaging but that is a pain in the ass, as we are missing so many messages.
    Am I setting my aims too high?
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Chat Box

I moved this to Xara Web Design Chat forum.

Xara is not the program for what you want. You need a third party solution to which you can link from within your Xara page. What you need is a more full featured bulletin board application or website.

If you and admins use Google Docs then it has a chat facility: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/2494891?hl=en.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If members are already using facebook you could setup a closed facegroup group and invite the members. Easy to setup and you get the benifit of notifications and you can pin an important post to the top. Then just add a link or button from your website to it.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

I have found a way to do what I wanted..
    It was easy really!
    I made a secure page that members need a user ID & password to access.
    Then created a Placeholder on the page. Went to chatango.com and created a FREE live chat account,
    downloaded the html code, embeded it into my placeholder and BOOM! it worked great.
    Thanks for your input guys.

Hi Biggun, I like your solution but, what do you mean by "I made a secure page that members need a user ID & password to access." Is this just a new blank page to which you added the placeholder?

Ciao

Roly

Quote Originally Posted by Biggun View Post
    I have found a way to do what I wanted..
    It was easy really!
    I made a secure page that members need a user ID & password to access.
    Then created a Placeholder on the page. Went to chatango.com and created a FREE live chat account,
    downloaded the html code, embeded it into my placeholder and BOOM! it worked great.
    Thanks for your input guys.
    Thanks for the Chantango suggestion.
    Very simple to embed.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by roly View Post
    Hi Biggun, I like your solution but, what do you mean by "I made a secure page that members need a user ID & password to access." Is this just a new blank page to which you added the placeholder?
    Ciao Roly
    Roly, you don't need to. In Chatango, you can select Broadcast Mode and then Add Moderators.
    You would only have to have a login page to prevent visibility to others.

Acorn

Thanks Acorn.

Ciao

Roly