Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Page Shadow

Default Page Shadow

Is there a way to have the page shadow go around the entire page

Default Re: Page Shadow

Yes Gary, but I'm not sure whether it works for all versions.
    Open the page & Layer Gallery,
    Click the Page Background Layer.
    Click on the page background.
    Click on the shadow tool.
    It should show a Drop Shadow.
    Change this to a Glow Shadow.

Having said all this there does appear to be a conflict between the Utilities / Options settings and that of the Web Property options.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shadow-toolbar.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	116574  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

That works perfect.

Thank You

There's only one problem with the process (which is the correct way to do it).

If you resize the page (make it longer for example), you must redo the shadow (or for other cajuns like me, the "chadeaux").

Spot on Dijenga. A true PIA.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Not too bad. I simply use 0 pixels offset, 25 pixels for the blending distance and 75% transparency. When I finish editing the page I punch in those values and move on.

I just like those particular values for some reason.

Probably off topic, but some of the pages on my site have the remnant of a page shadow, which I did not place there. It seems to be Part of the "design page edge".
    I have attached 3 screen shots. Some of my pages have this, others don't.
    If you need to look at the site, it is: www.ebg-veghel.nl.

Additionally (seems like it might be related) some webpages cease to scroll down where the page end in WebDesign. Others go on for a while, showing no content (there is no content there in WebDesign). This is also quite inconsistent, and I cannot see any reason for it.

Help me... :-(

David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Homepage.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	116646   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Homepage2.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	116647  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Homepage3.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	116648  

David, have you checked File > Page Options > Page: Show page shadow is unticked for each page?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi,

Thanks, that indeed did the trick. Seems odd though, since the option you sent me to reads: "Show page shadow during edit" (or something like that, I am translating that from my Dutch version). Why would remnants of the page shadow show up on the published webpages?

David

Quote Originally Posted by DBoydNL View Post
    Hi,

Thanks, that indeed did the trick. Seems odd though, since the option you sent me to reads: "Show page shadow during edit" (or something like that, I am translating that from my Dutch version). Why would remnants of the page shadow show up on the published webpages?

David
    If you have replublished then your local browser cache may need to be cleaned out: press Ctrl+F5.

When i have problems I always check with another browser or use its anonymous mode.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat