Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Info Re: Export files to my hard-drive (locally) from Web Design

Sue, just to reinforce all that's been said:

• When you Save, you are saving your Design in a .web file extension. If you lose this, you have no design to publish. Don't ever save this as index - give it a really meaningful name. You will get index.web and won't know what it is for and you will probably overwrite it at some point.
    • When you Publish website / supersite, you are typically using Xara's internal FTP program (Other Web Host) to add your site and changes to the Internet.
    • When you Export website / supersite, you are putting your web pages and content into a local file store or cloud drive. You can then use you own FTP program to publish.

The last two bullets describe the finished, end-viewer web pages, your site, the first, your design, is just for you.
    There is no such thing as a "whole template". Save Template saves everything you have created in your design as a template for creating more of the same. This is not published at any point; it create new documents.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Export files to my hard-drive (locally) from Web Design

Thank you so very very much. I thought I watched the basic movies that were there but I will look again. Maybe I was too anxious and missed what I was in need of. Your explanations are awesome. I am in happy tears to be able to use this program and move away from Dreamweaver!

Again, I can't thank you enough!

We grumpy old guys and gals are here to help.

Got it! Awesome explanation. Thanks for understanding that I'm coming from a different system and want to make sure I do it "right!"

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    We grumpy old guys and gals are here to help.
    Not one grumpy old guy or gal here! You all have been superb!