Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help- changed from designer 10 to 12 and now my site looks terrible

Hi,

I've just opened my site in webdesigner 12 (is this supposed to be 365???) and tweaked one line , reuploaded and looked at it in the latest version of Firefox and it looks as though it's been photocopied badly! Help -how do I fix this mess!? It's www.tomburkeonline.co.uk

Default Re: Help- changed from designer 10 to 12 and now my site looks terrible

No probs here :-) Try clearing the cache on your machine ;-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

This was just a cheap ploy to get us to look at your site?

F5 key to refresh the page. Ctrl + F5 keys to force a page refresh

No not made a blind bit of difference. I did notice when I loaded my site into 12 the first time it said something about updating the fonts and legacy browsers and I elected to leave it as it was because it said it might change lay outs....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1268.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	116611

This is Firefox 51.0.1 on windows 8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1270.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	116610  

Name:	IMG_1270.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	116612

Explorer

Oddly Google chrome is fine but the top menu is all in blue instead of white and blue - so again it's changed.

One more from Firefox -might be easier to see. It's like the bottom of the light blue text have been erased and the black text is like really bad newspaper print.

Name:	IMG_1269.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	116613

It's really weird -opened up site in xara 10 previewed in browser and it looks fine (should I remove 10 of my machine? Is it conflicting with 12?) but it looks terrible in the preview in 12. (kind of wish I'd never bothered upgrading now )

Quote Originally Posted by Britangie1 View Post
    It's really weird -opened up site in xara 10 previewed in browser and it looks fine (should I remove 10 of my machine? Is it conflicting with 12?) but it looks terrible in the preview in 12. (kind of wish I'd never bothered upgrading now )
    And just checked it in safari -the page I tweaked -the filmography page -when you reload it, the graphics placeholder from the template site I used to make mine comes up momentarily before my own graphic appears... just a nightmare... how do I downgrade back to 10 please? 12 has just made a mess.

Try deleting everything on-line and then upload anew

Very unlikely to be the fault of V12 as TG would be inundated with complaints
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64